X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random orbit sander

I'm in the market for a random orbit sander. I would like to spend no more then $250. The brands I'm looking at are makita, dewalt, porter cable,& any others.
    Andy B.

I have yet to see one over $100...I've used the PC and it's a good one...
    Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Andy,

I too use the PC 333vs. Very satisified with it.
      Matabo I was told was also a dandy, but they are at least twice the price of the PC. PC's here are 80 bucks at HD. Not sure in Canada.
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I went with sears. I figure for $75 it worth a shot. It has varable speed.
        Andy B.

Comment

The sander works with the dust bag. You can also hook up your shop vac with out adpters. Eather A 1-1/4" or 2-1/4" hose.
          Andy B.

Comment

For $250, you can get a PC 333 and a PC 340 1/4 sheet finishing sander. Plus enough sandpaper to last a looooooong time.
            Mac<P>Problems are opportunities in disguise

Comment

I have the DW421 and have been very happy with it. I think if I were buying a new one it would still be a DW but variable speed.

Dick

Comment

I use the dewalt 421 up to school. It is a nice sander.
                Andy B.

Comment

I recently bought a Bosch DVS1295, which is a 5" random orbit, variable speed unit and I love it. Used it at a woodworking show, which is what sold me on it.

[ 06-10-2003, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Grandad ]
                  Grandad<br />Don\'t sweat the small stuff<br />(except in the shop)

Comment

I thought we had already had this thread...

I bought the Makita BO5021 variable speed 5 inch ROS based on references on the web. Best sander I have ever used, excellent built-in dust collection that doesn't need a vacuum hose, doesn't fall off.

Bought a Ryobi as a second unit (so I wouldn't have to change paper as often). The Ryobi was so terrible by comparison (poor dust collection, more vibration, poor hook and loop) that I bought a second Makita, and a third Makita as a gift.

Comment

Working...
                    X