X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade?

I need some help making a decision. Currently, I have a TS2400 that I bought used a while back. It's a good saw, but starting to show its age and history. I like the R4511 from reading all the reviews and this forum. So, I want to upgrade my tablesaw, but am not sure if it'd be a wise decision. Why? Because I also think a bandsaw (looking at the Grizzly 14") will be very useful as well. On the other hand, the R4511 is being discontinued and who knows what the future holds. I've heard a manager commented that these heavy tablesaws are going to be web items only.

Ridgid also is having the F&F coupon, which will shave 20% off of the price. I think it's a nice deal considering the R4511's reputation.

To upgrade or stick with the TS2400?

Re: Upgrade?

If you can find one, go for it. The R4511 has been discontinued.

Comment

I see, at ridgid.com, where the R4516 has been discontinued but the R4511 still shows up as a current product. I know there has been speculation here that the R4511 will no longer be available but I don't think anyone from Ridgid/TTI has officially said that.

vnh, my vote goes for an upgrade.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

nm

Comment

What is the F&F coupon for 20% off? Where can I find this coupon.

Thanks,
          David

Comment

I had a TS2400 for a while and it was a darn nice saw and I made a lot of nice things with it. I now have a 4511 but I wish I had kept the TS2400 as well, just because of its portability. The 4511 is by far the best value in hybrid saws out there. It has all the features of the big name saws at 1/2 the price. Oh sure, there are things that could be made differently...the 2 piece fence for example, but you could always upgrade if it really bothers you. (Mine is smooth and accurate as any fence I've used).

As far as the band saw, I went a long time with out a table saw (just a band saw, radial arm saw and circular saw) so I can't help...but I use my band saw a lot. Good luck, Mike

Comment

Working...
            X