X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marcus----keeping digging that hole.

ba-doyn----I was also looking at the Griz', but be sure to compare the HP ratings. They were pretty low compared to others.

U0-Woody---totally correct about the tools. Good tools and good sharpening are extremely important.
    Dave

Comment

That's exactly it Woody. There's too many people out there that feel that having the best tool makes them a better woodworker. It happens all the time when people buy a Unisaw. They believe that they'll all become Norm Abram or David Marks once they get that saw. Technique and set up are more important.

Guys,
      Buy whatever you want, I really don't care, my only point is that you shouldn't take advice from a guy who has never used a lathe but does have a hatred of Ridgid tools. If he'd commented on TS he opinion would have more weight. It's like me commenting on Laguna saws - I have no actual experience, just what I read.

A tube lathe isn't the best setup out there but for the price you really can't beat it. If you want to try a HF out then go ahead. But, as Woody said, setup and technique are more important.

Unless you're going into business and your main tool is a lathe you could do much worse than the Ridgid. Also, the Midi is a fine lathe, but it does have a lot of limitations.

Comment

Working...
      X