Folding outfeed table for the 4511?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Folding outfeed table for the 4511?

This looks like a winner. Thanks, OldHunter for the ideas and input! What material did you use for the surface?

Comment

That looks really nice!

It looks like it should still be able to roll out of the way, may be better because the saw seems a little front heavy when I roll it out of it's storage place.

No problems with moving it around?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by OldHunter View Post
        Anybody build one yet? I've got limited space so need to come up with something that folds. Just looking for some ideas. Thanks.
        Okay, I'll post some pictures this weekend of my folding outfeed table.

I decided I needed an outfeed table system. Rather than one outfeed table that is either up or down, I decided I would prefer a short outfeed table that could fold down out of the way.

Reason? Well, on the R4511, a fold down outfeed is limited by the relatively high placement of the DC. On a cabinet saw the DC is nearer the floor. Also it is my opinion the R4511 is a little on the top heavy so I don't want to accentuate this imbalance.

My outfeed table system addresses these concerns.

One other problem I have seen with any affixed outfeed table on the R4511 is the side panel is greatly compromised. I have a fix for this problem too.

I'm on version 1.2 of this folding outfeed table, but at this point it does fold down out of the way when not in use.

Comment

Originally posted by Tacman7 View Post
          That looks really nice!

It looks like it should still be able to roll out of the way, may be better because the saw seems a little front heavy when I roll it out of it's storage place.

No problems with moving it around?

Thanks

I move it around all the time with no problems.

Comment

Here is the fold down outfeed table I built. See this post:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...t=30390&page=2

I used 3/4" MDO for the table top. I did't think I needed the 1 1/5 Inch thick and heavy MDF table used in the "woodworking Journal" artical. It works just fine since the MDO makes a nice table top. No lamination or laminate required.

An upside to the mounting design in the artical is that you can make adjustments to the support bracket by lifting the table up and standing behind it. Mine only lifts up a little above the table top. so you need to get on the floor to make adjustments when leveling it.

I made some changes to help with this issue, since my back isn't what used to be. The attached pictures show the changes

1) I added a stop across the support so it can only slide down so the table is level and only slide up fare enough for storage.
            2) I added the chain shown in the picture so the support will only swing far enough down, from the storage position, to latch it in the down position.

I mostly leave it in the up position but not having legs on the floor baks repositioning the saw mush easer.

You will also notice that the support bracket attached to the saw is biger that it needs to be. I used the deminsions in the artical and didn't notice this until I had it installed.

Name:  b389dcb3be2774ed66463f3ce5b8ba2f.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  353.5 KB

Name:  3ef734f9b7f078820be05be43a41fcf5.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  365.2 KB

Comment

Working...
            X