X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folding outfeed table for the 4511?

Anybody build one yet? I've got limited space so need to come up with something that folds. Just looking for some ideas. Thanks.

Re: Folding outfeed table for the 4511?

This is what I plan on building.
    Attached Files

Comment

That is nice! I plan on making one of the authors fold down router tables. He has some great stuff!

Comment

Initially I had intended on building a flip up extension, but I didn't want the extra weight hanging off the back of the saw all the time. I added a fixed 10"x38" extension on the back of the saw and attached it to the cabinet (not the top) with 2 heavy duty angle brackets. I cut 2 pockets in the frame work to accept the 2 runners I attached to the removable extension. The removable extension is 24"x32" and is held up at the far end by a 1" dowel rod with an adjustable foot.

My table top is now approximately 12" deeper than the standard table and I can just slide in the extension to gain an additional 32" of depth.

Comment

Great Job Mike!! How about a pic of the underside

Comment

Great work Mike65072! I too am leary about putting strain any additional strain on the granite. Would you do anything differently?

Comment

nordichomey - No, I wouldn't do anything different. This set up works good for me in my small shop. I especially like the fixed addition. I work on a lot of small projects and the 12" extra depth on the table helps a lot.

iamwelty2 - Here's the underside of the framework and brackets. 3/8" nuts and bolts thru the cabinet and 3/8" lag bolts in the wood. I used pine to keep the weight down as much as possible.

Here's the back side of the removable extension. The runners are a snug fit in the pockets in the frame. The hole at the bottom is used to catch the dowel rod used to hold up the far end of the extension.

Comment

you are a genius!! Nice Job...

Comment

Thanks Mike, I had already seen the one from Woodworkers Journal, but wasn't sure about the extra stress on the cabinet from the folding leg. I like the fact that your main table is removeable. The only change to yours I will probably incorporate is to make the table as wide as the granite top and add two folding legs. Thanks again. OldHunter

Comment

This is great! I too have small shop and this would work nicely for me. Thanks for the additional pictures!

Comment

Go here and look at the benefits of this puppy

http://lumberjocks.com/projects/24461

Comment

I will echo the other congrats on a creative and well thought out addition to the R4511. I am just finishing assembling mine. How did you connect the two brackets to the cabinet eg just screw/bolt them in or did you use any kind of backer inside the cabinet for added strenght?

Comment

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29941

Comment

I did something a little different for my outfeed table. I took my old Craftsman saw, adjusted the height, and turned it around back to back to my 4511. Now I have a very stable outfeed table that doubles as another saw. That way I can keep a dado blade on the Craftsman and just crank it down below the table when not in use. Works great.
                            Rocky
                            AndersonsWoodworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by byga View Post
                              I will echo the other congrats on a creative and well thought out addition to the R4511. I am just finishing assembling mine. How did you connect the two brackets to the cabinet eg just screw/bolt them in or did you use any kind of backer inside the cabinet for added strenght?
                              I used large fender washers on the inside for a little extra support.

Comment

Working...
                              X