X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Oscilatting Sander. Happy with it

Looking at Oscilatting Sanders. If you have the Ridgid model, are you happy with it? Any problems or suggestions?

Re: Ridgid Oscilatting Sander. Happy with it

got it. used it for several years. very easy to use and versatile in that it uses both belts and spindles. got mine for $99 in 2003 when the gray models were clearanced in preparation for the orange and black TTI tools. this month's wood amgazine highlighted 4 bench top sanders and ridgid was well received.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Yes! a real time saver and flexible.
      I've had mine almost two years without any problems..then I don't abuse or over stress
      my tools....ever!

Cactus Man

Comment

I got mine last summer after being hollered at by this forum for using my router table with a barrel sander. (They were probably right.)

I love it, as it really removes material, is very controllable, and has a substantial table to control the piece you're sanding. I haven't used the belt system only because I have a Delta belt/disk machine that really hogs material. I also like the tilting table for angled sanding.
        In short, a smooth running versatile machine at a great price, and at 40 pounds, easily moved anywhere I need it to be.

Gee, I sound like a Ridgid commercial. HA!

Comment

Cool Beans... Think I'll do that "Friends and Family" thing... Thanks everyone!

Comment

I debated getting one for a long time and now that I have it I wish I got a long time ago. Very handy machine that I am always finding new uses for.

Comment

I love this machine and now don't know how I got along without it. Plus you get the belt option almost free compared to other spindal only sanders.

Big G

Comment

I love this machine and now don't know how I got along without it. Plus you get the belt option almost free compared to spindle only sanders.

Big G

Comment

I'm glad everyone likes theirs.... I've been thinking about getting a sander and this is the one I want.

Brandon
                  I bleed RIDGID orange...

Comment

Love mine too! Had it for a few years now and (knock, knock) no problems.

Comment

The Ridgid sander is one of the best "bang for the buck" tools on the market.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the post
                        simulation de credits immo gratuit | Taux pret simulateur de credit immobilier | Simulateur de credit auto

Comment

OK, Everyone... just got back from the store with the sander... so if I don't like it, it's your fault. Just kidding... Got a ton of stuff to sand... this may be a great investment!! Thanks for all your ideas!!

Comment

Don't forget to use the dust collection and a sanding drum cleaner
                            this will reduce the sanding drum from premature failure and excessive dust build up in the machine.

Keep it clean or you'll not be happy.

Also, do not force your work, let the sander do the work.
                            Read the manual.
                            Be safe
                            Enjoy a very useful tool

Cactus Man

Comment

I "love" the sander but the dust collection is "non-existent".
                              One day I shall take the time to build a hood around the belt ( i use mostly the belt) to improve the dust suction.
                              As it is, in my opinion, the dust collection is useless.
                              Bert

Comment

Working...
                              X