X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New model tablesaw from Ridgid

I've heard that Ridgid is coming out with a new model tablesaw early next year, with a cast iron top, to replace the granite top model that is being discontinued. Anybody else know anything about this? Thanks.

"Things are more like they are today than they have ever been."

Re: New model tablesaw from Ridgid

One of the HD sale associates told me the same thing, but he wouldn't elaborate further. The onsite Ridgid rep denied such knowledge.

Comment

Historically, RIDGID/TTI has always been very closed mouthed about new products. I can't remember them ever making an announcement about a new product prior to its release. I certainly wouldn't base a purchasing decision on what a HD Associate says is going to happen.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

In light of the short lived 4511, I would speculate that it would be logical for Ridgid to quickly 'fill the hole' with a cast iron topped, saw that is similar. But of course that is just "speculation" on my part and certainly that is what I would label any such suggestion from an 'orange apron'. The latter are notorious for their imaginative (and quite often, false) commentary.

As Badger Dave said, "I certainly wouldn't base a purchasing decision on what a HD Associate says is going to happen." Unless of course you are in no big hurry to get a table saw and are willing to wait and see. Of course, then you are faced with the decision whether to buy a newly introduced product or want to wait further to see if it has proven itself to be a viable product in this quickly changing market.

CWS
        Last edited by CWSmith; 12-05-2009, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I spoke to the Ridgid customer service department 2 weeks ago. After pushing the rep hard he put me on hold awhile. When he returned he confirmed the r4511 is discontinued and they are coming out with a new saw. Per the rep it will be a different model # and will not have a granite top. He would not say anymore.

After a long agonizing wait my ridgid R4511 came this morning. I have it mostly unpacked but not assembled. Date code is 0918 and looks like it is in great condition.... we will see!

Comment

Working...
          X