No announcement yet.

10" Delux Table Say

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10" Delux Table Say

I am a RIDGID tool user and have several in my shop, I am currently looking for a table saw and would love to purchase a RIDGID however I would rather a solod surface top. The holes in the RIDGID table top allow for pinched fingers. Does RIDGID plan on replacing the top in the near future with a top that is safer for the user. OR is it my fingers just keep getting in the way. Does anyone else have this problem?

Sorry Warren, I must reply to this.
    Move your fingers!!!
    I changed my stamped steel extensions to the web extensions last year and have yet to pinch my fingers, my dad's saw has them and I don't believe in 40 years he's ever pinched his fingers. In my opinion the single best reason for the open web extensions is that they are not a table, I have a tendancy to lay things down on the closest flat surface available and my saw is the first thing in a straight line from the door. It's very difficult to lay stuff on them as you would a table because if its small it hits the ground which may not be good. In addition you spend a lot less time cleaning off saw dust etc. since the surface is not solid. Good luck!!
    It\'s not the quantity or quality of your tools that matters....<br />It\'s all in the firewood that\'s left over.....

You may find this thread helpfull as well. I think they are talking about the same thing... Later, Josh