Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on the next ridgid band saw

Jake,

On the next model band saw could you lower the table & add a bigger motor like a 2hp motor?
    Andy B.

Andy,

By lower the table, do you mean place it closer to the floor?

Jake

Comment

Take a look at the table height on all the big Italian bandsaws. They all are around tablesaw height, or lower.

It's funny. A lot of my friends have 14" saws and wonder how I can stand using a saw with such a low table. I wonder how they can stand cutting with the stock right up in their face. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Table height on my 18" is 37 1/2", compared to the typical 43-44" of common 14" machines.

Dave

Comment

By lower the table, do you mean place it closer to the floor?
        yep
        Andy B.

Comment

So jake what do you think?
          Andy B.

Comment

I think Ridgid has it's followers. Frankly, most are serious woodworkers. I know when I add onto my shop in a couple years, the first thing I'm adding is a much larger band saw, and possably a cabinet table saw.

Reading so many different posts, about so many different machines and desired upgrades and the like. I would think Ridgid would be putting out a survey on exactly how many of it's followers would be willing to upgrade to the professional level machine from the contractors level. And what machines are desired the most, and take a step in that direction.

Though I have no knowledge of Ridgid's Woodworking machinery intent, I am well pleased with every aspect of quality, service and performance for the price invested. And I would not hesitate to purchase a larger more serious machine waring the Ridgid name.

I think these forums are a good view point for what we like, and what we would like to see. And I would encourage any suggestion for improvements as Andy has done. I for one would like to see Ridgid machinery take another step forward, as they have done with the MS1290.
            John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Thanks UO_Woody
              Andy B.

Comment

Dose any one else Have any other ideas for the ridgid bandsaw?
                Andy B.

Comment

Yes!

Include as standard equipment, the quick release blade tensioner. My forearms are growing at an alarming rate from loosening/thightening the existing blade tensioner!

The Pop-Eye look is unbecoming to me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Some of the pictures in the manual are a little vague. I find this to be uncommon for Ridgid tools. For a first time bandsaw owner like myself figuring out where some of the parts went too entirely too long.

Comment

Is there a new band saw in the works?
                      \"Last year we couldn\'t win at home.<BR>This year we can\'t win on the road.<BR>My failure as a coach is that I <BR>can\'t think of anyplace else to play.\"<BR> - Coach Harry Neale, Canucks

Comment

Nope just thing we would like to see on the next band saw.
                        Andy B.

Comment

And make it 24", not 14". That way I wouldn't have to resort to "X" brand for my larger one I'm adding a couple years when I add onto the shop.

Comment

I would say add the rip fence and miter gauge. That would help get sales.
                            Andy B.

Comment

Originally posted by gusrip98:
                              Some of the pictures in the manual are a little vague. I find this to be uncommon for Ridgid tools. For a first time bandsaw owner like myself figuring out where some of the parts went too entirely too long.
                              What part of the Manual?
                              Andy B.

Comment

Working...
                              X