X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Dado blades

Has anyone put the Freud Dial a width dado on the 4511? Are there any issues (other than flying blades on the re-call) with Dado blade size. ie; 8" or 6" will both work. And finally does anyone have some preference in Dado sets in the Very Good to Excellent catagory. Anybody have experience with the Oshlun set?

I really appreciate the input from you guys and it's saves a ton in time and aggrevation not to have to seach thru endless web postings of questionable value.

Re: R4511 Dado blades

I don't know about the 4511 but all the previous Ridgid table saws, along with many other brands of saws, didn't have arbors that were long enough to handle the Freud SD600 Series Dado Sets.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Can they handle the SD 508 or 208 sets? Can you recall what the issue was. Was it clearence in general or is something about Freud blades?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
        Can they handle the SD 508 or 208 sets? Can you recall what the issue was. Was it clearence in general or is something about Freud blades?
        The Freud blades without a dial work fine, I use an SD206. The arbor isn't long enough to accept something larger than 13/16", and the dial adds extra width.

Comment

I have the 6" Oshlun set. I've only used it a couple of times, but so far it does a fine job. It seems to be well made and comes with good selection of blades and shims

Comment

The Oshlun set gets good marks for value and performance, as does the SD208. I've owned the SD208 and the DW/Delta 7670...both are very good, but the 7670 has twice as many teeth and definitely makes a cleaner cut. It happens to be on sale from Grizzly.com for ~ $90 plus s/h. That's my best bargain recommendation. If you really want outstanding performance, go with the Infinity Dadonator...~ $180 on sale.

Comment

Working...
            X