X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ts3650

How's everyone doing! Does anyone have any info on where to still get a RIDGID TS3650? I researched vigorously for what was to be my first TS and finally decided to go with the 3650 only to find out it's discontinued and the newer model offered has the granite top which I dont care for and the fence looks insufficient. I also saw the R4511 was recalled. Any input would be welcomed.

Re: Ts3650

There actually was another model between the 3650 and the 4511, the 3660 which also has been discontinued. If none of your local Home Depots have any 3650's or 3660's left then I'd say craigslist is your best bet at finding one. Instead of waiting for someone to post one for sale you could post a WTB ad yourself.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I second what Dave said. If you can not find one, there are other good saws with cast iron tops out there. I have one, it is a great saw.

Comment

Which saws in that range would you recommend? I'm wherry of the Hitachi @ Lowes. I also don't know where else to look in the pittsburgh area.

Comment

Well here's one for $150 on ebay with 13 hours left (at the time of this post) only problem is it's in Colorado... Stop by and say "Hi" on your way through, I'm in Illlinois...

http://cgi.ebay.com/RIDGID-TS3650-Ta...item3efb090495

Comment

Originally posted by jjc74 View Post
            Which saws in that range would you recommend? I'm wherry of the Hitachi @ Lowes. I also don't know where else to look in the pittsburgh area.
            I remember seeing the DeWalt DW746 at a woodworking show a while back and I was impressed, especially with all the accessories available like a sliding table, outfeed table, upgraded miter gauge and more.

http://www.dewalt.com/partners/flash...alt/dw746.html

I don't know how the price compares to the 3650/3660 or 4511, but that should be easy enough to find.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Honestly, your best bet is to wait and see what Ridgid is going to introduce next, the reason they're dropping the 4511 is because it was too expensive to ship to the stores. Whatever they do, and I haven't been keeping up, but you can be sure it'll be a return to the cast iron tops.

If you really want a 3650, you'll probably have to go used, check craigslist or your local Green Sheet-type paper and see what's available. You might have to wait a while, but you can probably get a good saw at a good price.

Comment

Go to www.toolup.com or Colonial hardware.com They both have advertised brand new TS3650s for around $700 including tax & shipping. But FYI I bought a TS3650 today, used for $200. Note, the TS3650 is also referred to by the number 14633. GTM

Comment

Working...
                X