X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ts3650 aux. fence screw question

Does anyone know the specs on the screws that you can use to bolt an aux. fence to the stock fence on the 3650? I do not happen to have my manual with me and I would like to try and pick these up on the way home from work today.

I believe they are the same screws that hold the fence rails on, no?

The manual is online 3650 manual

Comment

¼x20 hex head bolts work just fine for me.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

It should have come with them. Mine did. It's unlikely that they didn't give you the screws, because of the way they package them. There should be three of them. Don't know the size off-hand, but they have square heads to fit in the slot without turning. Three nuts for them were also included.

Comment

I did not have any extra screws when putting the unit together.

Comment

Hmm, sounds like your saw may have three screws installed where they don't belong.

Page 53 of your manual-

"3. To fasten wood face to the fence use the three 1/4"20 x 3/4" square head bolts, lock-washers, flat washers and nuts supplied."

Anyway, as you can see the size the badgerdave recommend are the same as they included.

Comment

Where to buy 1/4 20 hex head bolts

I've been to Home Depot and several other hardware stores but cant locate additional 1/4 20 hex head bolts to attach jigs to my 3650 fence. Anyone know a type of store that has these? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rahutson
                ... Anyone know a type of store that has these? Thanks.
                Around here, there are a couple of "fastener" stores that carry them, look in the yellow pages under fasteners or hardware. One store is also called a "bolt and nut" store.

Jerry
                It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

You're probably getting hung up on the '20', which is the threads per inch. This doesn't matter just so long as the nut threads onto the 1/4" bolt. In reality, when you locate a 1/4" bolt it will probably be a "20" but... (refer to sentence 2 above). These are available anywhere you can buy hardware.
                  Later,
                  Chiz
                  Later,
                  Chiz

Comment

You guys are the best! After reading these posts I remembered the extra bolts left over from assembly of my TS3650. Sure enough, I just walked into my garage/shop and found three bolts in the top drawer of a small chest.

Now I just need to get matching nuts and washers...

Skip
                    Stay well and play well.
                    Skip

Comment

Working...
                    X