Reconditioned Planer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reconditioned Planer

I just came across a great price on a Recon Ridgid Planer. What should I be looking for in making my decision on buying this? It comes with a one year factory warranty.

The new ones have a lifetime warranty, why do the recon. units only have a 1 year? I would be a little concerned about who did the recon. work or if any recon. work was done.
    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    ------- Henry Ford

Comment

I bought a Ridgid factory reconditioned planer over a year ago and have had no problems with it. As long as it is a factory reconditioned unit, I would purchase it if the price was right. If it is not a factory reconditioned unit, I wouldn't touch it with the provibal 20 foot pole.

Comment

Did it carry a lifetime warranty? If not, did they explain why, since it had been reconditioned by the factory?
        Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
        ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Where did you come across the recon units?
          Can't seem to find anything with a web search.
          Thanks,
          Rob J
          Just tilt your head a little and it will look straight!

Comment

My reconditioned planer had the same warranty as a new planer When I opened the package I found that the spare set of planer blades was missing, sent Ridgid and email and had a spare set within 3 days at no charge.

....Michshooter

Comment

Thats what I wanted to hear. Now all I gotta do is find me one.
              ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
              X