X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tape

Anyone know where I can find a new tape for the fence on my 3650? Mine is off about 1/2 and inch and is pretty much useless since it is not accurate. I would like to be able to put a new one on and trust it instead of having to measure with a tape measure from the blade everytime.

Re: New tape

Before you buy and install a new tape, check an see if you can't adjust the micro adjustment sight window on the fence. It would be very unusual for the tape to be off by that much. If the tape is indeed off then you can find tapes at Lee Valley or McMaster-Carr.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Sounds like the rails are in the wrong position. If you just slide them down a little you can use the fine adjustment on the scale window to get it right on.

Otherwise you have bob's suggestions or you can go to
      http://www.ereplacementparts.com/rig...-p-158092.html
      for an OEM

Comment

Thanksk guys and I will check that. Didn't think about that personally.

Comment

and by "bob" I meant "Dave".

Sorry guys. You two give so much good advice I sometimes forget which one I'm agreeing with

Comment

Yeah, you have to set your own rails, if it's that far off, something tells me the front rail either wasn't set properly to begin with or it was loose and has slipped over time. It's quick and easy to fix though, you can set it accurately and be back in business in minutes.

Comment

Working...
            X