Last Minute Christmas Gifts Ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Minute Christmas Gifts Ideas

If you are a woodworker and people are asking for inexpensive gift ideas, here's one that might fit the bill.

Rockler's Universal Fence Clamp , just $14.99 a pair.

I have a set and they come in handy for quickly attaching a sacrificial fence or tall fence to my TS-3650 fence.

Anybody else has gift ideas why not add them to this list.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Re: Last Minute Christmas Gifts Ideas

I put a pair of those fence clamps on my wish list, very handy.

Comment

Here's another one. Not such a good deal as when they first introduced them but still a nice gift. Too bad they are sold out right now. I would still order one or the Wixey model from Woodcraft for $10 less.

This is similar to the Wixey which i like and have been using for a couple years now. I wouldn't be without one, very quick and handy for setting up Table Saw, Band Saw, Jointer, Drill Press, etc.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...New%20Products

"When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

Put a set of the clamps on my "Hint" list for Santa, but thought I might not get them so I bought a set myself... I betcha that two set would be handy... one for the fence, the other for the miter...

Comment

Bench Cookies. These are great for when you don't want something to move while sanding, routing, etc. $11.99 a set at Rockler.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...s&cookietest=1

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools" - Douglas Adams

Comment

RIDGID's featherboard (made by MagSwitch), is a nice gift to receive.
            IT's dual sided so you can use it either side of the blade. About $40 and only at Home Depot.

Comment

AA AAA C and D cells and type 1604 9 Volt batteries ... Lots of them too. Everyone can make good use of these and many items we may receive as gifts need them. Nice well made flashlights are a good practical gift. One I happen to like because it's well made, bright for its size and also looks nice is this one by Streamlight. It's not all that much $$$ and especially if you can find a good deal on them on eBay or such.

It comes in black or a nice titanium-silver color.

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=51

Now for that someone really special maybe this one would be more what you would like.

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=172

Comment

Working...
              X