Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Blade wobble

Hello I'm looking for some help.

I just purchased this saw a few weeks ago and after my first cut i noticed that the cut seemed to not be smooth and straight. ever so often there would be like a extra wide cut. anyone else notice this. also when i slowly spin the blade it does not seem to stay straight. its like it has a slight bend to it.

Re: R4511 Blade wobble

This is something you need to fix before using the saw. It can cause a kick-back hazard.

Sounds like a chip or debris between the blade and the arbor shoulder, or a bent blade.

Remove blade and lay it on a flat surface to check it for being bent or warped. If it is, toss it and get a new one. (If it is the original and always was like that, try contacting Ridgid for a replacement before tossing it).

Make sure the shaft, shoulder washer, nut face and arbor shoulder are free of any chips, debris, etc. Remove/smooth chips with a fine file.

Hope this helps

Go
    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

While the blade is removed check the arbor shaft for runout.

Comment

borrowed a nicer blade from my dad. now cuts nice and smooth. Im guessing it was a bent blade. and after comparing the factory blade to borrowed blade there is a huge quality difference. the Ridged blade feels like i can snap it in half.

Comment

Mine was bent factory, too.. Not too bad, but causes vibration in the saw.. The blade that comes with it is garbage IMO.. But I hang onto it for cutting junk and inconsequential pieces.

Comment

The OEM blade is so noisy that I get a bit intimidated when I tried it for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by ckuhlmann View Post
              borrowed a nicer blade from my dad. now cuts nice and smooth. Im guessing it was a bent blade. and after comparing the factory blade to borrowed blade there is a huge quality difference. the Ridged blade feels like i can snap it in half.
              Your new saw is only going to perform as well as the setup and blade. Put a good quality blade on it....the stock blade is junk.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
                Your new saw is only going to perform as well as the setup and blade. Put a good quality blade on it....the stock blade is junk.
                What? The stock blade included with a $499 saw is not as good as a $125 Forrest blade? What is the world coming to?? LOL

Comment

I know it... Why all saws don't come with a WWII, I'll never know!

Comment

Damn, I don't know either. Then I always have to go buy a WWII!

Comment

If they're going to include a cheap blade, couldn't they at least make it this one for $17?

Comment

Rubbing that Delta logo off would probably drastically increase Ridgid's cost for that blade.

Comment

Working...
                        X