Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked one up and am Very Pleased with it. It's a really nice/good portable tool stand and well priced [img]smile.gif[/img] (for this month at least ).

The downside is that at a hundred bucks it shows just how miserably over-priced all the other choices out there are
    --Steve<BR>www.ApacheTrail.com

Comment

I also picked one of these up for my Ridgid 12" SCMS.

Went together easy, and saw mounted in a snap.

Best $100 I have spent in long time. Bought it Friday night, and they had about 10 of them, went back Saturday afternoon and they were gone.

Just make sure you have two people if you need to load the saw int he back of a truck.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Peter
      -Peter W. Lent<BR>PMi Solutions<BR>www.pmisolutions.net

Comment

The downside is that at a hundred bucks it shows just how miserably over-priced all the other choices out there are
        The stand is normally $200, and was $250 before. I don't know if the other ones are overpriced compared to those prices.

Comment

Well after all the fuss about the MSUV on here. I decided to check it out for my self. My HD was out and they would not give a rain check. But they did check all the other Houston area stores. And there was around 15 MSUV in the area. I went to the nearest one and was able to see a MSUV on display with a saw. I was impressed with the setup. So I added another Ridgid tool to my shop. Thanks guys for the info.

Comment

All the stores in my area, St. Louis, are out of them and they wouldn't give a rain check either. What makes it worse is that they had a display and I wanted to buy it and the guy told me they would have more...which they now said they won't. Should have bought the display.

Will another store in another state ship to me?

Thanks,
            Michael

Comment

Ran into the samething myself. Saw the display at the start of the month. Was told the sale would be for the whole month. Didn't by it that day. went back a week later, all out. Tried a couple of other stores around here and samething. Was told then, it was till supply ran out,etc. local store had 8! Several different store personnel told me (off the record, of course) Home depot screwed up on this one. Local store even took money from about 20 people to give them one when they came. They are refunding the money.
              I have run into about 10 other people that are pretty ticked off about this sale.
              I contacted HD and they said I should have read page 25 of the add. The flyer I have doesn't address anything on pg 25.
              Go to home depots webb site. under promotions select catalogs, key word miter and 9 items show. the stand is one.it says $99 reg $199. thru mar 31.
              ridgid miter saw utility vehicle 206676
              special buy, save $100 march miter saw madness.
              I am not a lawyer, just someone who works for a living, spends a couple grand a year at HD, but it sure seems like false advertising to me. I know several of the others I ran into said they would not go back to HD again and I think I will follow suit. There is a Menards and Lowes, sears, and others real close.
              I recognize I am a drop in the bucket to HD but if enough other drops in the bucket do the same, that bucket will fill up. Maybe then, if a store advertises something, maybe they will come up with it.

Comment

I posted the same problem here a week ago. I ended up getting an email from a Ridgid field rep and he told me that Home Depot offers a "will call" program for items that are out of stock. Talk to a manager and mention this. You can pay for the saw anytime this month and they will call you when it comes in. He said not to expect them until the middle to end of april though.

Comment

I have tried that. The HD's here are not doing that. The store near me did take money from about 20 people but is going to give their money back.
                  They have my name but told me the new ones will be out end of april and won't be at this sale price. They said this was a closeout sale and no more will be provided.
                  I contacted ridgid and was told the same thing. The new ones will be the same except for color. They will be orange instead of gray.
                  I say shame on me for not buying it at the begining of the month when I first saw the sale and listening to their sales people tell me they would be available for the whole month. I say shame on them on how they have handled this issue.

Comment

The new ones will be orange? I don't think I would want an orange one. It may still be the same under the orange paint, but orange on this item would not look good to me. Glad I got mine when I did last fall.

Comment

Agree on the orange color. I don't mind it on my ts2400, but it seems it would not look good on this tool. We'll see, I suppose.

Comment

orange a problem?

I like the gray better, but saying I wouldn't use an orange one is a little silly.

When they were first available it was stated on this site that the sale was over at the end of the month or when HD ran out.

If you didn't get one, get over it. I've missed out on the marked down Porter Cable routers and numerous other things.

Comment

rofl, who pissed in your post toasties? lighten up. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 04-21-2004, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: tyxlc ]

Comment

These stands are available at ordertree.com, the parts supplier for Ridgid. Unfortuenately, the price with shipping comes to about $265 - not the $99 Home Depot advertised. I have made numerous phone calls to Ridgid and Home Depot to resolve this and really got the run around. "We don't have it, can't get it, they are coming" and were very short. Again, Ordertree has them. Did some more checking - according to two different managers at different Home Depot's in my area these stands are not on order at any Home Depot in my district yet "we are trying to get them". My answer to this "confusion" was I returned my Ridgid table saw to HD. They love to take things back - they just don't want to sell them.

Comment

Working...
                            X