Ridgid planers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid planers

I'm in the market for a planer. Like all tools, to many to pick from. I kind of like the Ridgid TP1300LS. I don't know much about planers, so any help would be great. Thanks

Re: Ridgid planers

The TP1300LS was replaced over a year ago with a new model, the R4330.

Primary differences between the 1300 and the 4330 is that the 1300 unit had a two-blade cutter head with a two screw post adjustment system, and a head lock mechanism. A leg set was provided, as was an extra blade set.

The R4330 is no longer provided with an extra set of blades or a leg set. To my knowledge a leg set is not available from Ridgid either. However, the 4330 is improved with a 3-blade cutter head and a four screw post system for adjusting the cutter height. There is also an improved chip chute.

The four post system design did away with the need of a head lock mechnism which is no longer incorporated in the design. There have been a handful of posts regarding some headmovement though. I do believe that this is only a minor report and have read nothing that substantiates a wide problem. Generally, most posts I've read about the R4330 have been very positive.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Re: Ridgid planers

Thank You for the reply. That helps a lot.

Comment

Working...
      X