No announcement yet.

The RIDGID Table Saw Fence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I do frequently is to make sure my fence is parallel to the miter slot.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave:
      TTI, the parent company of Ryobi, manufactures the 3650 and most of the other woodworking tools for RIDGID to RIDGID's specifications. Both Ryobi, Ridgid and other product lines share the same parts distribution center.
      Ha! Go figure! Well, the 3650 is actually a trade up from my old Ryobi 3100. That was a decent beginner saw, but it lacked the precision and rip capacity I was starting to need for my projects.

Comment

Ha! Go figure! Well, the 3650 is actually a trade up from my old Ryobi 3100. [/QB]
        You mean you've got the BT-4100?

Comment

Granted, I've seen them broken at the local HD but I don't think thats an everyday environment. It may well be an HD issue. The display model 3650 at Madison, WI's east-side HD has been without its fence for about 2 months. The unit has also had its motor disassembled and sitting on top of the table for about 1 month. One of the employees told me that the store has been using the display model for "parts". As of a couple days ago, the tool manager there was completely unaware of the arbor issue, told me his Ridgid rep. has never told him about such a problem, and assured me that Ridgid would never continue shipping saws with a bad part.

Comment

"As of a couple days ago, the tool manager there was completely unaware of the arbor issue, told me his Ridgid rep. has never told him about such a problem, and assured me that Ridgid would never continue shipping saws with a bad part."

What was the date he told you all this... April 1st by chance??

Comment

Originally posted by hewood:
              You mean you've got the BT-4100?
              LOL. [img]smile.gif[/img] I guess you can put it that way.

Comment

Actually I got a new TS3650 about a month ago and the plastic handle on the fence was already busted off right out of the box. Of course Ridgid customer service sent out a replacement right away.

Comment

Working...
                X