No announcement yet.

Constant 3650 Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.015 is too much of a swing from front to back. Mine started there at .012 out of the box. I called my dealer and he said that .001 was tolerance it should be set to but if it was .002, it was acceptable.

I have really no expertise in aligning trunions but was able to get it down to less than .001 with my dial caliper. I highly recommend one. Before I got mine, I thought my .012 was .003 by the use of a feeler guage.

Jake

Comment

Cant get trunnion (blade) to align with the table miter slots. This was going to be the big day to make this saw cut square. The plan was to go back through the alignment procedure, using a caliper with a dial and get it "zeroed in". To my amazement, I had to move the micro adjust lever over all the way and it was still off from front to back by an amount of 0.009 to 0.012 inches. (I made the measurement about a dozen times while varying the measurement techniques) The trunion will just not rotate any further. Ya'll got any ideas on this? I'm afraid that Ridgid's position will be that it only has to be within 0.015 inches since that what it says in the manual. I think my next move will be to remove one bolt at a time from the rear trunion mount and remove the threads where the bolt is in contact with the trunnion bolt hole. This should allow a little more movement of the trunnion. It doesn't need much. I'll probably use my own bolts so that the warranty is not voided.

Comment

I'm not very familiar with their lever system since I own a different brand of saw. loosening bolts slightly and tapping trunion with a hammer to a piece of wood is how we align most trunions. I don't know much about Ridgid's trunions though. They are the only brand I've see made with an alloy rather than cast iron.

Also surprised that they have tolerances set so far apart. My saw was .013 out of the box and I called my dealer. They told me I should ideally get it within .001 but .002 was acceptable. .015 sounds like a big swing from that.

Jake

Comment

ctaylor - Woodworkerjake is right...0.015" is alot. Heck 0.005 is pretty high. I'd lean on their tech service a bit. If they refer you to the stated tolerance of 0.015, I'd tell them that it's WAY too much and lean on them more. Inform them what the tolerances are of other manufacturers. Was that tolerance stated to you before your purchase?

Consumers have a great tool in the internet. Don't be afraid to threaten to use it if that's what it's going to take to get them to make things right. And of course, always be polite!

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X