X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 Dust Collection

Just bought my 3650 TS and I am quite happy with it. Ridgid customer service told me that I needed to order the AC1098 dust collection insert, which I did. When I received it, the piece was at least 3-4 inches shorter on all sides than the bottom opening. The directions were useless.

What do others use for dust collection for this model? I sam some posts for the 3612 but this is the older saw.

Thanks for the helping hand.

Welcome to the forum.
    The 3650 doesn't need a seperate dust collector. It is already installed. Just attach a shop-vac or dust collector hose to the 2 1/2" fitting under the saw table.

[ 02-14-2004, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Lorax ]
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Thanks Lorax.

I used this port on the saw but there was still a fair amount of dust. I thought that this add on collection plate would be the proper fit, but Ridgid cust service led me astray.

Comment

Return it and make one up if need be to enclose fully from ply or even heavy cardboard I guess has been done.

You did not state exactly where it's collecting - maybe if more specific someone has dealt with already and can assist more.

Parts - always the bane of any user. I don't care who company is - 50% of time those on other end of phone have no idea where/what one is talking about and grab the easiest or first solution they find. It makes me nuts too

Comment

I noticed the Craftsman (practically the same saw underneath) has a flexible rubber flap between the table top and the blade cover/housing. This would force more debris down into the collection area. Perhaps it could be adapted or a similar design used. That's the one area where the craftsman seemed better. Sorry I don't remember which model it was.

Comment

If you're running the saw with a dust collector and not a shop vac, you could enclose the back and bottom. You'll need to have a way for the dust collector to hook up to the bottom enclosure though, I used a 4x3 toilet flange. This type of setup works very well with my 3612.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
            X