Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Plan Software

Hello Everyone:

I'm designing my workshop and wanted to know if there was a software program out there that would help me in designing and placing my tools. My workshop is 20' X 30'. Or if you have any good ideas that you have would be appreciated.

Merry Christmas

Tonka
    As I recall, there is a diagram of Norm's New Yankee Workshop at the NYW website. This may give you some idea's. Dave [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Tonka---don't mean to sound like an old fart, but when I re-arranged my shop, I just took some graph paper for the perimeter footprint and made cut-outs, to scale, of the various benches and tools---it worked out fine. You also might want to check some of the recent issues of ww'ing mags. One of them (either Wood or Pop' WW'ing) actually had pre-printed cut-outs for laying out a shop. Guess I'm just a low-tech type of guy, but think I got the job done faster, when you consider the learning curve for the software---at least in my case.
      Dave

Comment

Good idea Dave...that's what I do for most projects on the job. I do have a great program for houseplans though...they sell it at Lowe's. Autodesk used to make it....called Planix Home (it got 86'ed form the list of products and Lowe's got them on close out...mine still has them on the mag rack up front). It's by far the easiest to use and the best CONSUMER home plan making software ever on the market (yep, I've tried them all). This does not of course, include any other Autodesk products like Autocad.
        Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Hey Tonka, how did you talk the wife into that much space? It's a good thing my Ridgid tools are on herculift, or I'd never have fit as much as I have

[ 12-24-2002, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Jerry Jensen ]

Comment

Working...
          X