Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gray Ridgid tools w/ lifetime warranty transferable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray Ridgid tools w/ lifetime warranty transferable?

I was wondering if the gray line tools that have life time warranty are transferable.

I am considering buying a piece of equipment from another person, but wanted to find out if there are any restrictions.

From looking at the warranty information on the online owner's manual, there isn't anywhere that asks for proof of purchase as it is kind of irrelevant since it's lifetime warranty.

Can someone please let me know if they know anything about this?

- J

I don't know if its transferable or not but even if it isn't, does it really make a difference? The vast majority of warranty covered problems are discovered shortly after a tool, or anything for that matter, is purchased. If the tool you're looking at hasn't developed a warranty covered problem by now I doubt it will down the road. The lifetime warranty, offered prior to 09/01/03, only covers defects in workmanship and materials. It does not cover misuse, abuse or normal wear and tear.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

I do not think the warranty transfers. That is what I was told when I bought my used TS.

[ 07-18-2004, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: messmaker ]

Comment

Working...
      X