X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r4510 table saw

Anyone got this saw? Im new at woodworking, getting bored need a new hobby.Like the portability feature. Is the saw worth the $499

thanks Gary

Re: r4510 table saw

Originally posted by duke58 View Post
    Anyone got this saw? Im new at woodworking, getting bored need a new hobby.Like the portability feature. Is the saw worth the $499

thanks Gary

It's a great saw I have used it on two occasions and I like it. However it's a saw that I would not purchase for wood working. I got a Powermatic and I love it. If your serious about getting to wood working then invest in quality tools. The Ridgid R4510 is meant for use on a construction site or remodel not really great for wood working. Ridgid has a stationary table saw it's the R4511 I have not used it myself but others that have given good reviews on it and the price is really good for what you get. There was an issue with being able to safely use the dado set but I beleive that issue is resolved.

This is the table saw I use exept mine has a built in router table:

Comment

HI

Thanks for the responce. Im only using the 4510 for little things like bird houses,planters,benches n such im about to retire n my budget is tight. would the machine be ok for what im wanting to do?

Comment

Many Home Depots are selling the R4511 for $499 and I have even heard of some folks getting them for $299 and $399. There is a rebate offer but I think it ends today. The R4511 would be much more amenable to woodworking. It is discontinued supposedly because they cost too much to ship around the country. Who knows but it weighs near 500 lbs. They are clearing out of stores fast in my area so if you are interested, best act fast.

Comment

Working...
        X