X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks BV

I follow you now. You are right. Those customers are not always right. Actually pain in the ***. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Jake

Comment

There are 7 Home Depot stores within 45 minutes of my home and I have been in all but one of them and I have never had a problem getting service or help from any I have shopped at. I have had guys go out of their way to help me and even call other stores to find something I need and have them hold it for me. At times they had it brought to the store closest to my home. The employees I have gotten to know over the years are a pretty good bunch of people. I appreciate them.

Comment

Mater,

Do you live in metropolitan area or smaller town area. I live in chicago area and we have alot of competition for qualified people as well as for the stores themselves. Not sure if this makes a difference but was curious?

Jake

Comment

Superdave,
          being a member of the ridgid forum and by your educated replys to many questions, you are the exception to the sterio-type that homedepot is evil. I had a bad visit at home depot one day but then I talk to other people in the same store, that help me so I don't buy something I'm not going to like. BTW see if you can be transfered to the HD in waterford, CT. It would be nice to see more people like you working there.

Comment

Jake, I live in a metropolitan area right off an interstate. Have a good day.

Comment

Tbutler6, thanks for the kind words but as a native of Vermont, it'd take more than HD can pay me to move to Connecticut. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I would have to side with SuperDave out here. I am also a HD associate in hardware. Fortunately, after a garage fire last year in December, I have replaced most of my tools with Ridgid things.

There is alot to be said for the management of the individual Home Depot. My parents are only 30 minutes for a HD and yet 3 hours from the one I work at. They choose to deal with mine because of the individuals and knowledge there. Also, others in the area will drive 3 hours for service at the Burnville, MN Home Depot versus the one 30 minutes away. With some, the associates take pride in the work---no matter how poorly we are paid (coming from a person that made in excess of 100K per year).

Personally, I take pride in my work at HD, even though it is a stepping stone. I enjoy helping others come up with solutions to problems.

Have a great New Year

JT

Comment

Lowes vs. HD
                  Go to nuts and bolts aisle at both stores. I rest my case.

As far as price goes, HD beats Lowes on some things and Lowes beats HD on others. I am lucky to have them within a couple hundred yards of one another. I have never had a problem returning anything until I tried to return my busted Ridgid drill. I don't rely on the employees of these places to know anything at all about what they sell. There may or may not be anyone there with any knowledge, but I go in there knowing what I want and I go get it. The only time I ask for help is when I can't find something. I just don't trust any salesperson to give me an honest opinion. After all, they are trying to sell me something.
                  Vegetables are what food eats.

Comment

Working...
                  X