X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Outfeed Extension for the R4511

I am a new member to the forum, but I have been cruising around as a guest for awhile and have found tons of valuable information and insight. Thank you to all of you who have posted photos of your projects, they have been a great inspiration. So here is what I came up with. I replaced both of the original rails. The front one is now 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" x 5'. I believe this was $20 and then I did all of the drilling. The back one I had custom made, it is 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" x 2" x 5 1/2' and again I did all of the drilling and tapping. This one I paid $30 for from a local custom ag trailer builder. I had gotten another qoute of $50 from a local steel reseller and in hindsight I wish I had gone with it. The one that I ended up with has a slight bow that I had to overcome. I then welded a piece of 3" x 18" flat stock to the end of each bar that will become the platform for my router extension (still under construction). The table tops are laminated particle board mounted to birch ply and trimmed around the edges with poplar. These are mounted to the bar with piano hinge. Thanks again for a great site!
    Attached Files

Re: Another Outfeed Extension for the R4511

That looks awesome. I plan to replace the rails on my saw so I can add a router extension and outfeed.

Brandon
    I bleed RIDGID orange...

Comment

Looks good!

What did you treat the front rail with? Paint? Powder coat? Does the fence slide on it as smoothly, or more smoothly than the original?

The fence doesn't slide well on my OEM rail, and I only want to change it once...

Comment

Rustoleum Epoxy Appliance Paint worked well for my extended rails. I got the tubing for free, so it wasnt smooth high quality, but the paint worked and the fence slid nicely.

I left a 1" strip unpainted for the fence sliders to slide on, and waxed it up a little with Johnsons paste wax

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments. The rails are spray painted with Rustoleum. The fence slides the same as with the original rails, which I agree could be a little better.

Comment

drumfun...so what did you do for a tape measure on the new front rail?
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
              I only replaced the angle iron that the tube is mounted to. I put the original tubes on to the new rail so the tape is still there.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                Something like this seems to be used a fair bit:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...003+90401+3385

Comment

Working...
                X