X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 blade recommendation

I have my new saw about set up and need to invest in blades. Any good recommendations? I like the concept of (1) multi-purpose but think I will likely be happier with a 30-40 and a 60.

Additionally, would like to hear experiences with thin kerf on the R4511.

Re: R4511 blade recommendation

Look at this thread. If it is not helpful, then perhaps do a forum search.

Personally, I have the Freud Avanti TK306 and Delta 7657 blades on order and coming in a few days. However, I am not qualify to give recommendations.
    Last edited by vnh; 01-02-2010, 06:20 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

currently using a Freaud Avanti 50T blade in mine... works fine ... got a great deal on it...

Comment

Mostly the Ridge Carbide TS2000 is what is mounted on my saw. I do also have a dedicated rip blade that I use when I need to rip some thicker stock.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Even though a good 40T or 50T blade will do the trick the majority of the time, I'm a fan of the 30T and 60T blade scenario because it widens your range...the 30T will be more efficient for thick ripping, and the 60T will give better fine crosscuts and ply cuts. It's atypical and more expensive, but made a lot of sense for me when I was using a hybrid saw. The bad news, there are precious few 30T general purpose blades... the good news, there's one excellent version that's readily available in the Forrest WWII 30T (TK for your saw). If you combine that blade with something like an Infinity 010-060 or the Forrest WWI, you'll have a wide range of tasks covered with excellent results across the board with fewer compromises, plus you'll enjoy the convenience of not having to change blades as often as with a typical 24T and 80T two-blade scenario. Either the 30T or the 60T will be appropriate for most general purpose tasks, but each has an advantage in the opposite spectrum... the 30T for heavier ripping when needed, the 60T for fine crosscuts and ply work when needed. Otherwise either blade can reside in the saw. If you think heavy ripping or fine crosscuts or ply cuts will be more the norm than the exception, then a typical 24T/80T blade scenario might be the better choice.

Comment

Thanks for the insight woodworker! Hewood that is a massive amount of detail. You have a passion for the blades! Thanks Again

Comment

I'm running the 50t Ridgid for general use on my 4511. I heard it is made by Freud. Great blade for $50.

Comment

Originally posted by wooddan View Post
                I'm running the 50t Ridgid for general use on my 4511. I heard it is made by Freud. Great blade for $50.

Yep, that's what I use also. Excellent blade. Personally, the best I've used. HTH

Comment

Freud Diablo 40T here, for a dollar a tooth, I am very happy. Leagues ahead of the stock blade, which itself was leagues ahead of the stock blade on my TS3660.

Comment

Working...
                  X