X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Max dado capacity

What is the max dado size you can use? I can get all the sets for a 3/4" wide cut on the arbor, and tighten, but this is without the blade stabilizer on before the nut. (I didn't try cutting with it like this). I tried doing a 3/8" wide dado, and just doing two passes, but the results weren't as good as I'd liked.

Re: R4511 Max dado capacity

It is very common to use the dado blades without the stabilizer washer.

Comment

Can't say on the 4511, but on a 3650, I've put on every chipper and shim in the dado set and it fit just fine and ran without a problem. I would suspect that the same is true of the 4511.

Comment

Bottom line, RTFM.

The TS-3650 manual tells you that you can do this (use a dado w/o the outer washer)., just make sure the 4511 manual has the same words in it. Hopefully your 4511 is not involved in the recall concerning the arbor breakage that occurred with some saws. If you are not sure it would be best to contact RIDGID CS and find out (verify by serial number) before you go loading up a potentially bad arbor with 5 pounds of rotating steel.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I suspect that the arbor on the R4511 is pretty standard length compared to other hybrid and contractor saws. It's a common and recommended practice to leave the arbor washer off, as long as the nut is fully seated on the threads.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
            I suspect that the arbor on the R4511 is pretty standard length compared to other hybrid and contractor saws. It's a common and recommended practice to leave the arbor washer off, as long as the nut is fully seated on the threads.

I agree with hewood but given the history of this TS and its arbor don't take it for granted. The arbor is probably capable of handling a full 3/4" dado, my suggestion is you verify your arbor is good first so you don't put yourself or your tool at risk.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Re: R4511 Max dado capacity, maximum width of 13/16 in.

The manual provides that "dado sets must not be rated less than the speed of (the R4511) and may have a maximum width of 13/16 in."

Comment

Dose it say that dado head can be ran wo/ blade stabilizer (arbor nut only)?

Comment

Working...
                X