TS 3650 Fence Options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS 3650 Fence Options

So...I found a TS3650 saw the other night and bought it. HD was selling it for $137.01 so how do you pass that up?? The only problem is it is missing box 2, so no fence and rails. I knew that when I bought it, and it is not too big an issue, since for what I paid I can get a Biesy and still be less than a new granite saw.

I have heard though that the rigid saws don't play well with other fences. From what I can tell though plenty of folks have mated an aftermarket fence to a rigid and done just fine.

Any suggestions on what might be an easy install? or is a drill and tap needed. A tap is not too big a deal, but if I can avoid it, all the better.

Thanks
    Last edited by rinkrat90; 01-05-2010, 10:36 PM.

Re: TS 3650 Fence Options

I put this on my saw,

http://www.incrementaltools.com/Tabl...Fences_s/3.htm

This is a great fence and it went on with out any problems
    Brian

Comment

rinkrat90...if you bought a 3650, you are only missing the rails. the fence is packaged in box 1, with box 2 being just the front and rear rails. i have a ridgid rail kit (box 2), new, in the box, never opened. PM me to discuss. i am in NYC, so shipping to philly shouldn't be overly expensive. and it won't cost anywhere near what the Incra fences cost.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

The Biesemeyer is a great fence, but is on the expensive side.

Grizzly sells the similar Shop Fox Classic, and the slightly lighter duty Shop Fox Aluma Classic...both good steel Biese clones.

The Vega fence system is nice too, often cheaper than the Biese and has an excellent microadjust. $280 shipped from Amazon

The Jet Exacta II and HTC are also excellent Biese clones.

The Delta T2 is one of the better bargain fences going...~ $157 from Tools Plus.

Comment

You get what you pay for. If you like easy, you will like the Incra fences. you get great cuts every time and with easy fence set up.
          Brian

Comment

It is not so much a cost issue at this point, as an installation issue. With the saw at 137.01 (gotta love that 1 cent!) I figure I can find a set of rigid rails, or go with an aftermarket of some variety. What I don't know is if the after market vendors have adapted the fences for an easy install on a rigid table. It sounds like Inca has though.

Finer 9998 that set of rails sounds like a good option, and the easiest to install, I will PM you later.

I can always upgrade the fence later, for now I am clearing out the garage and working out how to lay things out.

Comment

You can just order the actual rails for the 3650 here if you wanted, since you should have the fence already (it was in the box that you received). It might be easier and cheaper than trying to fit an aftermarket fence and rails to the saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Cephus View Post
                You can just order the actual rails for the 3650 here if you wanted, since you should have the fence already (it was in the box that you received). It might be easier and cheaper than trying to fit an aftermarket fence and rails to the saw.
                Yeah...buying the rails from Ridgid seems cost prohibitive compared to a good aftermarket fence.

Comment

Delta T2 is a fantastic fence bargain for $157. Gotta love those dead flat aluminum faces.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
                    Yeah...buying the rails from Ridgid seems cost prohibitive compared to a good aftermarket fence.
                    At least you don't have to worry if it's going to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cephus View Post
                      At least you don't have to worry if it's going to fit.
                      True, but drilling cast iron is easy. I'd hate to have 5 minutes of drilling be the reason I passed up a fence upgrade.

Comment

HD was selling it for $137.01 so how do you pass that up??
                        I wouldn't. If I found one for sale near that price I would buy it even though I don't need a second TS.

I'd probably try to convince the wife that a basement shop would be a good idea and expand. I've got 1600 SF of shop space down there going to waste. Then I could work down there in the winter and not have to heat the garage shop.
                        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Working...
                        X