X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freud SH5 fence install

I'm using the Freud SH5 fence for my router table which sits on the end of my 3650 TS. There were no instructions and I have it all pretty much figured out except for one thing. I would like to find the round nuts (no comments here please) that are installed into the top to accept the 5/16 by 18 threaded hold down rod but am unable to locate them. I was lucky that they included the extensions for this unit even though I don't need it yet.

thanks
    Gary

Hi, I have the SH5, but from your description I am unsure of which nut you are referring to. When you say hold-down rods are you talking about the two T-handled shoulder bolts that secure the fence to the table top? Or are you referring to the inserts that go in the top to accept these bolts? I think the latter, as that is the only item that I remember that came with spares or a second set.

If the latter is the case take a look at McFeelys.com aat item 3603-STS thru 3608-STS, they are on page 36 of their current catalog. The 3607-STS is the 5/16"-18 size shown below.

Comment

It's the insert that goes into the table and the the t handles fit in there. I came to find out it is metric so I bought 5/16 inserts like the one shown and bought plastic handle screws. They were both at my local Woodcraft. Living down the road from there is good and bad. Good in that it is close and bad that it is close. My wife has spent so much time in their parking lot she thinks it's her second home. So I like the fence. I like the dials on each side and the solid feel.
      thanks
      gary

Comment

Working...
      X