Radial Arm Saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Radial Arm Saw

I too have owned and used a RAS for many years. I have a 84 era Craftsman RAS and it is still running fine. I would not be without it. I also have a DeWalt DW708 SCMS and there is no way it can duplicate all the operations I can perform on the RAS.

Wayne and CWS pretty much said it all, not much I could add to their excellent posts.

A RAS does eat up some real estate, but if you have the space and the necessary respect for the tool, and find one at a good price and decent shape, pick it up and put it to work. You won't be sorry.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I'm just now setting up my shop after acquiring many tools from my dad and a RAS is one of the gems I now have. Here's a forum that any and every RAS owner will enjoy - lots of knowledge to be had at this forum. http://forums.delphiforums.com/woodb...Reading+%3E%3E

And yes - go buy it!!

Harold

Comment

delphi...are they still around?

I was on delphi long before the WWW (that's the web, not the internet)existed, back in the 80s.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Salut Bert,

All the reviews of the Ridgid RS1000 were quite positive. You had better go get that saw! Then let me know so I can come over and see it (I work up here in SLC). Good luck.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by gbohnstedt View Post
            Salut Bert,

All the reviews of the Ridgid RS1000 were quite positive. You had better go get that saw! Then let me know so I can come over and see it (I work up here in SLC). Good luck.

Greg
            I would like to meet you.
            I was not going to buy the ridgid, I was looking at Craftsman with electronic indicator for $100.
            It will have to wait as I have been spending a lot of money on tolls lately and I really do not have the room for it, may be later.
            After all I have read about RAS on this forum, I really would like to buy one but one thing at the time.
            Bert

Comment

Originally posted by gbohnstedt View Post
              Salut Bert,

Greg
              I would like to meet you.
              I was not going to buy the ridgid, I was looking at Craftsman with electronic indicator for $100.
              The Ridgid still is KSL as the Craftsman is for $100.00.(I am tempted)
              It will have to wait as I have been spending a lot of money on tolls lately and I really do not have the room for it, may be later.
              After all I have read about RAS on this forum, I really would like to buy one but one thing at the time.
              [IMG]file:///c:/temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
              Bert
              Attached Files
              Last edited by b2rtch; 01-14-2010, 02:38 PM.

Comment

If you want to get serious Delta has a 7 1/2 HP RAS for $12000.00!
                Bert

Comment

Working...
                X