Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using a PURCHASED outfeed table w/ 3660?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using a PURCHASED outfeed table w/ 3660?

I can only manage to get in maybe 4-6 hours a month in my shop, and have 42 projects on my list. I'd like an outfeed table for my 3660 and have resigned myself to purchasing one rather than taking the time to build one at this point.

Is anyone out there using a purchased outfeed table on their 3660 that they can recommend?

Quick / Easy breakdown is necessary because I don't have enough room to leave it setup when not in use.

Thanks so much in advance!

Re: Anyone using a PURCHASED outfeed table w/ 3660?

I can't speak to a commercially produced outfeed table, because I built my own, but by the looks of it Rockler's version might work.

Click on "more info" and it shows you how it connects to the rail system. It should work with the 3660 and it got good reviews. (Only issue I see is that it's 24"x36")

Hope this helps... http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...utfeed%20table
    Last edited by Altima 3.5; 01-09-2010, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Actually, it was the Rockler that peaked my interest when I saw it in a catalog. None of the reviewers noted that they were using it with a Ridgid, and though it's supposed to fit "most contractor-style" saws, I thought it made sense to see if anyone here uses that one in particular or any other brand for some feedback.

Regarding the size, yeah, there's the thought that if it really removes that easily for out-of-the-way storage when not in use, why not make it a bit bigger? Maybe I should explore the kit a bit...

Thanks for the feedback, Altima and "Go Pats!"

Comment

I have a 3650 which is similar to the 3660 and built my own outfeed table I think the Rockler table would work. The only Q I have is what is the spread on the miter gage slots? I did not see that listed so can't tell if they would line up with the RIDGID slots, or is the slot offset from the blade a standard dimension?
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Those are the types of questions I had too, Bob!

Thanks for replying!

Comment

I bet if you called Rockler CS they could answer the miter slot question for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              I have a 3650 which is similar to the 3660 and built my own outfeed table I think the Rockler table would work. The only Q I have is what is the spread on the miter gage slots? I did not see that listed so can't tell if they would line up with the RIDGID slots, or is the slot offset from the blade a standard dimension?

Bob D. Can you show pictures or plans to the outfeed table you built for your 3650? I have a 3650 and really need to build one.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by artho View Post
                Bob D. Can you show pictures or plans to the outfeed table you built for your 3650? I have a 3650 and really need to build one.
                Thanks
                http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7542
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob D., Thanks for the pics. I need to build an outfeed table for my 3660 and I love the looks of yours. Sadly, I'm a newb and can't figure out what you used for a frame to attach to the saw. Any chance you could provide me with some guidance? Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                  X