R4511 Router extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Router extension

There are a lot of R4511 Table Extensions posted... some really, really nice ones. At this time, I don't have enough room for a dedicated out feed table. But really would like to add an extension to the right side of the saw to hold a router. I really don't want to replace the right side granite like some have done, just do an extension to the end of the stock fence rails. But, I want to make sure I have room to open the access door to the saw.

You guys that have added the side extension for a router, is there room to do so without going out farther than the stock rails?

Re: R4511 Router extension

Mine works fine... Snug, but fine... Though I'm one of those "ones" who changed out the right side granite for a 27x28.5" wide top.

So long as you plan out where the router will be mounted in relation to the door, it will be fine.

That said, good luck mounting an extension without either taking off the right side granite or doing SOMETHING with the stock split rails. Those split rails offer NO support. The back one on mine (which the extension is mounted to) shifts downward if pressed on..

I've still got to add angle supports from top to cabinet... Which.. Will indeed interfere with the door.

Comment

If you want to maintain quick access to the motor cover, just use a router plate and you can pull the router any time you need to open it up.

Comment

Duh! How simple is that... Sometimes I wonder how I got through second grade...

Comment

Second grade was actually pretty tough... We all have our moments.

Comment

Working...
          X