R4511 Sale/Clearance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R4511 Sale/Clearance

It took a lot of hassle but they gave me the 200$ difference! I bought it about 16 days ago. Amazing deal. BTW there is 1 r4511 left that i know of for sure and possibly more at the Houston FM1960 Home depot! get there fasttt! The 299$ price just came out there today this morning.

Comment

You got lucky bgilb. I went to a different store in my area to check the price and sure enough it was $299. However, they did not have any. They said I would have to go back to the store where I bought mine to get the credit. I talked to the store where I bought it and the price was still coming up $499. They said that the other store had them on clearance but their store did not. I could only return it for the $499 refund. That really sucks! I would have to take my now completely assembled saw back and then try to find another one on clearance. The store only had one mangled display model.

Guess I should feel fortunate to have the saw at $499 which is still a great price for this saw. However, $200 is $200.......
      Rocky
      AndersonsWoodworks.com

Comment

That's poor customer service there.

Not to gloat in the face of that, but I bought one in November, and today, still within the 90 day RIDGID satisfaction period I went in to the store I bought it at and walked out with $200 cash. The initial response was "30 days", but when I said "RIDGID, 90 days", it all worked out.

Thus I effectively paid $99 ($299 - $200 refund) for the other one I snagged last night.

I would escalate the issue, they are being deliberately difficult. This is exactly why I buy at HD, because they will do stuff like this. I don't think I have paid full price for any of my RIDGID tools. I just wish I lived in the Pacific region to get a $199 jointer!

Comment

Just walked out of HD down here in South Houston and the 4511 is still at $399. I already have a 4511 but I want that $199 joiner....

Brandon
          I bleed RIDGID orange...

Comment

It seems that there is something going on because out of 3 HD in SLC, two sale the saw for the normal price: $499.00 but the third one sales it for $299.00 (West valley HD).
            I bought a 4511 just two weeks ago for $425.00, I go tonight to get my refund on the saw and buy the drill press that I need.
            Bert
            Last edited by b2rtch; 01-12-2010, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Well I tried one more time. I called the HD customer service line to get the low down. I was told that each HD can charge whatever they want depending on store sales. If an item is not moving in one store, that store can put it on clearance while another store can sell the same item at retail price. That is why we are seeing so many different prices from different stores. Just seems funny that the one store that has it on clearance doesn't have any and hasn't for some time.

Like I said, I should feel fortunate to get it at $499. Since assembling it and using it for a week it is definitely worth that. You win some, you lose some.
              Rocky
              AndersonsWoodworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by AndersonsWoodworks View Post
                You win some, you lose some.
                A very sensible thought! That's how I'm looking at the $199 jointer.

Still, April isn't all that far away, Ultimate Power Deal and all (if it runs this year).

Comment

Andrew I would keep pressing. I originally went to a different home depot that I didn't buy it at, but they were extremely rude so I went to the original home depot which is farther. I had to talk to like 6 different people to get my price adjustment. The regular floor people have no idea what they're talking about. They thought I was talking about some "refurbushied" one that I saw at another store, and kept telling me stores don't "compete" which each other. They just had no idea there was a clearance, and wouldn't believe me. The power tool/hardware guy said there is no clearance and he himself would buy the saw if it was 299$. The hardware guy was really cool though, and found I guess the upper-management lady who had the "clearance list" and everyone apologized to me and the manager was really cool and said he would do the price adjustment. Definitely go back.

Comment

Home depot has a price garauntee for 30 days as long as you have a receipt. I bought mine 26 days ago for $499, got the 20% friends and family discount from Ridgid and went to HD and got another 200 bucks back. That is a final price of $199! That is an unbeatable deal!
                    Last edited by BMRedfern; 01-12-2010, 06:50 PM.

Comment

I totally forgot I had a 10% Lowes coupon I could have used when I went back to return/rebuy for the new clearance price. That would have brought the saw down to $192. I already submitted my original receipt for 499 to ridgid for the rebate. Is there going to be any problem with this?

Comment

Well tonight after work I went to HD and they did refund me my money.
                        I in fact got my 4511 for $299.00 + tax.
                        I wonder if any one from Ridgid is in fact reading this forum and could explain to us what's going on.
                        This saw is sold at a fraction of its price, why?
                        This does not make any sense.
                        Bert

Comment

In 12 days Ridgid is supposed to announce a whole new line of power tools. So, the R4511 is being discontinued. Kind of short lived.

Comment

Just got my price adjustment tonight. I was wondering about the F&F rebate though, I'm pretty sure getting the rebate on the original price and then getting a price adjustment is fraud. Any ridgid reps on the forum that can advise?

Comment

I also bought one today at $299. The other one on the floor went a few minutes before mine. I was feeling a little impulse-buyer's remorse, so I started searching for info on the saw specifically to assure myself that it will do a good job and located this forum. I've had good luck with Ridgid tools, they always seem a few notches more precise than other brands and I had seen a few favorable reviews of this saw.

I gather from this thread alone that it's still regarded as a great tool despite the recall and (most important) that I will be able to use dados on it?

One thing I was wondering, is it more or less standard so it will accept aftermarket fences and miter guages and the like? The low-end aluminum table saw I currently own drives me crazy - nothing fits right, and it's the granite table on the Ridgid that makes me wonder.

Any reason I would regret this purchase? Will Ridgid continue to support it?
                              Last edited by suobs; 01-12-2010, 09:20 PM.

Comment

At 299$ this is a once and a lifetime deal. This saw is worth around 699$. Its a great saw for the price. AFAIK Ridgid will cover the saw for life even though its discontinued? Standard miter slot, and it will accept dado's up to around 3/4". Just make sure you check the model code and that it isn't one of the recalled saws and you're fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X