Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R4511 Sale/Clearance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: R4511 Sale/Clearance

    Has anybody from Eastern Washington found a R4511 on clearance? Or at all? It took forever for my local HD to even get a Demo out on the floor (I knew more about the saw than they did!) I have been looking and think I'll try the Moses Lake HD one more time. Maybe get a dept manager that knows what I am looking for!

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: R4511 Sale/Clearance

      Reply to a couple of points:

      1. Recall issues were worked out a long time ago. Every saw then existing in inventory was inspected and a little sticker applied to the box at the time. I doubt the stickers are even needed now, so don't be surprised if you don't have one. It was a quite restrictive date range that was affected, the saw I bought in November was 6 months past the date in question.

      2. Fraud - no. You acted in good faith, you applied for the rebate according to the terms in force at the time. The fact that the price was later dropped and you took advantage of Home Depot's policy is not fraud. They offered the refund, or else they would have said "did you apply for the F&F? Yes? Sorry, no refund". The F&F was a RIDGID promotion, not a Home Depot one. Rebate from RIDGID, refund from HD. Where this might go wrong is if RIDGID have the ability (which I doubt) to run the receipt number when they process the rebate. It will then show up as the lower amount, and so qualify for a lesser rebate. It would depend what else you bought at the time. I would still be over the 20% threshold, but not get the max of $250. I suspect about $220, without actually doing the math. On my application, I didn't actually request an amount, just that they process the application. We'll see!

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: R4511 Sale/Clearance

        Originally posted by Roadster280 View Post
        Reply to a couple of points:

        1. Recall issues were worked out a long time ago. Every saw then existing in inventory was inspected and a little sticker applied to the box at the time. I doubt the stickers are even needed now, so don't be surprised if you don't have one. It was a quite restrictive date range that was affected, the saw I bought in November was 6 months past the date in question.

        <snip>
        Not so sure about that. I found an 0834 and an 0836 saw at a local store last night. AFAIK thats in the recall range, and there was no dot sticker on the outside of the box.

        I didnt even bother looking any further at them (my brother in law wants one, im trying to make sure we get one in good shape because we'll probably only have one shot at getting it right)

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: R4511 Sale/Clearance

          even if one that is within the recall range is purchased, wouldn't ridgid make good on the repair?
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: R4511 Sale/Clearance

            Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
            even if one that is within the recall range is purchased, wouldn't ridgid make good on the repair?
            I would *hope* they would, but Id rather see if another store has an unaffected one just to be sure.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: R4511 Sale/Clearance

              They have no choice but to make the repair.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: R4511 Sale/Clearance

                Originally posted by tomapple View Post
                They have no choice but to make the repair.
                Ill have to read thru the recall thread, I know someone in CT had the repair done but it took a long time and a lot of hoop jumping.

                Going to check the rest of our local stores to see if they have any of the saw in stock, hopefully on the floor so I can check the date codes too.

                On the other hand it would be nice to find one in the affected range *with* the inspected sticker....that way we know it should be good to go.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: R4511 Sale/Clearance

                  I found two at the HD in my area; one on the floor which was in the recall range and one in the crate (which I bought) that was outside of the recall range. Neither had the inspection stickers.

                  If the saw is still crated you can easily check the code by slipping the box off the top and looking at the very bottom of the back of the saw cabinet.
                  Rocky
                  AndersonsWoodworks.com

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: R4511 Sale/Clearance

                    Originally posted by AndersonsWoodworks View Post
                    I found two at the HD in my area; one on the floor which was in the recall range and one in the crate (which I bought) that was outside of the recall range. Neither had the inspection stickers.

                    If the saw is still crated you can easily check the code by slipping the box off the top and looking at the very bottom of the back of the saw cabinet.
                    Actually the code is ON the box too, there is a small rectangular sticker with 2 digit year followed by 2 digit week. I presume thats where the "orange square sticker" is supposed to go once the saw has been inspected and repackaged.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: R4511 Sale/Clearance

                      Finally nailed one! After reading this thread on Monday I stopped by HD to see if the 4511 was on sale for $299. Nope. So after reading yesterday's threads I went back. Yup, $299. They had one demo that had been set up since X-Mas. All stores in the area were canvassed and no one had one in the crate or on the floor. Called my Son-in-Law to tell him about this deal and advised the tool guy it was sold. A few minutes later Son-in-Law showed and paid for it. by then I had also gotten 10% off for being a demo. So 260 bucks, not bad. Of course, last winter I paid the full $599 for mine!

                      Big G

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: R4511 Sale/Clearance

                        I just called my local Home Depot and they found two left (floor models) in the Minneapolis/St Paul metro area but when I called the stores they were gone.
                        http://www.mywoodworking.net

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: R4511 Sale/Clearance

                          I bought my R4511 on Monday and finally got it price matched to the $299 price this morning. Buying a $600 saw for $300 sat a lot better with SWMBO than for for $500, let me tell you!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: R4511 Sale/Clearance

                            I got mine for $450 (too long ago to pressure a price match) and still love it for that price. But man, I SO wish I could have for it for 300.. Ah well...

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: R4511 Sale/Clearance

                              Originally posted by DarkWolf View Post
                              I got mine for $450 (too long ago to pressure a price match) and still love it for that price. But man, I SO wish I could have for it for 300.. Ah well...
                              Same here.

                              You can use this as consolation: we didnt have to run around like nuts trying to find one

                              My brother in law wanted one, and I have a pickup, so I went to the local store that had 4 of them. When I got there, 1 was paid for in will-call, 1 was on the floor (with the 299 sticker), and 2 were in overhead.

                              I got the one on the floor (0921 date code....pretty new), within 15 minutes the other 2 were taken out of overhead and sold.

                              I think this is the best deal out of the whole list of clearance stuff, but I already have one. The Milwaukee SCMS is nice too but I cant find any and I already have a Bosch slider.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: R4511 Sale/Clearance

                                Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
                                You can use this as consolation: we didnt have to run around like nuts trying to find one
                                True nuff... When I picked mine up, there was a stack [3 high] of 20 of them on display.. Was not hard to find one at all.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X