Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R4511 - Rear rail

Originally posted by PaulJerome View Post
    The R4511 has a rear rail with a passive rear hook that's there to prevent lifting.
    I have been around many Fence - Rail systems that don't use that passive rear hook to prevent lifting. When I saw this hook as I was assembling my saw, I wasn't expecting a hook there.

The thought that came to mind was not a safety issue, it was that of a Granite issue. The Fence and Rail are supported by 4 bolts attached to Granite. I thought that adding this hook to prevent someone from lifting the fence up (such as when moving the saw around on its casters) would help to prevent cracking the granite top.

Comment

Nice design and setup. I can't figure out what the rear of the fence grabs hold of when it is locked into position. Is it just the 1/32" of granite that is above the out feed table? Thanks. Adam.

Comment

the 4511 has a t-square fence, much like a biemeyer fence. it is only supported, and only secured, by the front rail. it's fence should not be confused by that of the 3650/60, and all preceeding ridgid contractor saws, which offerred a fence that was supported by, and was secured to, the front and rear rails. HTH
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks Finer, I realize that it locks on the front end, but it does also have the rubber block on the rear that keeps the end of the fence stable when locked down. At least mine does. So I would assume that the rear of Snuffy's has some play in it when it is locked down? Thanks, Adam.

Comment

Working...
          X