X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Ridgid Modification Questions

To those of you that changed out the splitter and riving knife, why did you feel the need to change? If you changed, what did you use (part number etc)? I would like to not have to grind anything so that kinda leaves the SC unit out.

I have heard of some people changing out the motor cover to be quick release. What is the part number to do that and where is it located?

If you have replaced the fence, which one did you purchase and what was required to get it mounted (drilling etc)?

Thanks

Re: A Few Ridgid Modification Questions

try reviewing this thread:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...t=r4511&page=2

posts 15 and 16 have pics of the SC and the RK made for the 4511. HTH.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

The stock riving knife does not allow the user to remove the blade guard for non-through cuts. The riving knife is thinner than even a thin kerf blade while standard riving knifes are the same thickness (or ever so slightly thinner) than the blade.

As for the motor cover, there are a number of ways to make the access toolless. It is just a matter of convenience.

I had a Delta T2 from the old contractor saw my R4511 replaced. Retrofitting was pretty easy. I used the Ridgid angle iron support, placed 3 strips of 1 1/2" x 36" x 1/8" aluminum stock under the rail and viola! I did have to do some drilling and tapping.

Comment

"I have heard of some people changing out the motor cover to be quick release. What is the part number to do that and where is it located?"

I applied a piece of 1/2" adhesive-backed, flexible magnetic strip the full length of the edge of the cover. Works great!

Comment

Originally posted by BArnold View Post
          "I have heard of some people changing out the motor cover to be quick release. What is the part number to do that and where is it located?"

I applied a piece of 1/2" adhesive-backed, flexible magnetic strip the full length of the edge of the cover. Works great!

Now that's a great idea. Thanks.

Comment

Here is the posts concerning the levers to replace the screws on the door. Makes it super easy to open w/o a screw driver. Got mine from Reid tool supply

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27691

Comment

Working...
            X