X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid jointer for $199?

There clearanced priced at $299 around me in Southeast MI. also!

Comment

Still at $299 here in Southeast MI.
      I've been watching them closely!

Anyone seen them for $199 other than Atlanta or the West Cost?

Comment

I've been waiting for the local (45 minute away) Home Depot to mark their's down... drove over to pick up a Harbor Freight dust collection unit and figured I'd just check at Home Depot and darn it, they had marked them down to $299, but they were sold out except the floor model, which was in "perfect shape" they said. I checked it out and noticed the bolt adjusting the rear table was broke off and the table had a light coat of rust... The Manager then confessed that it was broke and the part had been ordered and it would be in a few days. I asked if they would honor the Harbor Freight 20% off coupon. "NO! They just sell junk" I ask if they would take anything else off due to the rust and damaged part... it was like pulling teeth but I finally talked him down to taking 10% off and a promise that they would send me the part as soon as it arrived.... "Should be a day or two..." The guy really acted like he couldn't care less if I was a customer or not despite the fact that within the last year I've purchased an R4511 table saw, a Ridgid Oscillating Sander, several hand tools, lumber and so on and now the jointer...

After a month and several phone calls with Home Depot Employee that didn't have a clue of what I was talking about and they honestly didn't seem to care less... the part finally came in. I cleaned the rust off, disassembled the jointer and installed the part. Just wish Ridgid could figure another retailer...
        Last edited by iamwelty2; 06-25-2010, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I bought one for $374 a month or so ago as I needed it for a project. It is a nice jointer and a fair price considering the Jet I was looking at was $800.

My HD in Danville, VA normally keeps a couple in stock and I wish I could have gotten the low price like some of you guys, but I can't really complain at least it was marked down from $429.

I did however score on their DeWalt 735 clearance and got the last one a few months back for $279, so that was a score indeed.

Comment

FWIW, when a local HD refused to honor a HF 20% coupon, a call to HD customer service resulted in the CS rep instructing the local HD ASM to honor the coupon. never take no for an answer until you've heard it three times from at least two different people. i've done this several times in different HDs.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
              FWIW, when a local HD refused to honor a HF 20% coupon, a call to HD customer service resulted in the CS rep instructing the local HD ASM to honor the coupon. never take no for an answer until you've heard it three times from at least two different people. i've done this several times in different HDs.
              Thanks... I tried several of the morons... but didn't go over their heads to corporate... I was just amazed how borderline hostile they were... They acted like I was crazy asking for a discount because it had a broken part on it.... but heck, I had to wait a month and then I had to take the thing apart to put in the new piece... then I had a couple of hours invested in getting the table rust free... I won't tell you the location of the storia in Illinois, but it starts with a P and an E and a O and a R and a I and a A.

Comment

I bought an almost new Ridgid jointer (with the orange color) off Ebay a year ago for $215. If you can buy a new one for $299, I would jump on it. A tip: if you open a HD credit card(theirs, not visa or anything like that, with no annual fee), they will give you a 10% discount on your first purchase. I did this when I bought my 3660 TS from them.
                "non illegitimis carborundum"

Comment

Originally posted by Laflaone View Post
                  If you can buy a new one for $299, I would jump on it.
                  I've been watching them at several stores in the Detroit Area for about 2 months now and they never went any lower than $299 & there was always several in stock at each store! In the last week or so they started moving quickly, Being I didn't want to miss out on one at $299 I had to go for it!

Comment

Good for you, it is a nice machine and easy to set up. I did everything upside down including the belt tension and alignment, and then flipped it up on a mobile base.

These jointers are half the price of a lot of 6" models out there and work great. The stand is not closed, so a few shavings do get on the floor but not a lot and the DC picks up everything else.

They are pretty darn quiet as well.

Comment

My local stores are still at $379 . Havent sold one in 4 years give me a break!!!!!

Comment

My local HD *just* marked it down to 379 from 429.

Aside from the 1 I bought (in hopes the price would have gone down to 199 during last years clearance), they hadnt moved one in at least 3 yrs.

Comment

Ok, I wasn't paying attention earlier this year when these went on clearance, and now I'm in the market to finally get a jointer.

Does anybody know of an HD store in AZ that still has one of these available? Or are they all long gone? None of the stores near me appear to have one, but I don't recall that they every stocked them before they went on clearance.

I suppose I could go in and ask them to do a search of all the stores in the valley to check for one that has one in inventory. But I'd believe someone that can visually confirm that one exists in a store more than I'd believe what their computers say.

Comment

Go to each store and search the overhead storage. Above millwork, above hardware, etc. Its a pretty large box so it should be easy to find (if they have any)

SKU is 428-428....you can try calling the store at least for a price check (dont believe what the computer says about their stock levels). If they never carried it, or havent had it in a very long time it wont come up at all in their computer. If you can get a price out of them, there is at least a slight chance they might have one somewhere in storage.

Comment

Stores in my area here in central Texas still have them available (and never had the deep discounted prices). I would think they are still fairly readily available.

Comment

In north Geogia there on sale for $249.

Comment

Working...
                                X