Ridgid jointer for $199?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid jointer for $199?

That's odd, I only live 50 miles from Dalton, and they aren't stocked any more here. They were clearanced out in January (at $199). I suspect yours are on their way too.

Comment

Theres one floor model and one in the box left.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
        Go to each store and search the overhead storage. Above millwork, above hardware, etc. Its a pretty large box so it should be easy to find (if they have any)

SKU is 428-428....you can try calling the store at least for a price check (dont believe what the computer says about their stock levels). If they never carried it, or havent had it in a very long time it wont come up at all in their computer. If you can get a price out of them, there is at least a slight chance they might have one somewhere in storage.
        I stopped in another HD in the area that has a larger tool department than the store I usually shop at. Looking up high I found 3 band saws, a miter saw stand, several generators, and a ton of shop vacs, but no jointer. It was interesting to still see the band saws in stock, since they don't even appear on the HD website anymore.

I suppose my best bet is to start calling around. There's over 20 HDs within a reasonable distance from here, so you'd think that at least one of them would still have a jointer hiding somewhere...

Comment

Ask the Customer Service desk to look up the SKU in adjacent stores. It's 428-428. If you're on the edge of one of their market boundaries (or whatever they are called), call one in the neighboring market and ask them to do the same.

I did this for about 2 weeks in January when the RIDGID BS, Jointer and DP went on crazy sale in the ATL area. Eventually I scored a BS and a jointer at sub-$200 each. Well worth the effort to make a phone call every day for 10 days.

Comment

Calling doesn't always work as some of the workers don't even know what they are looking for or care.

I called when the DW735 planers finally went on sale here and they said they were sold out and didn't carry it anymore.

I went 4 days later to look at miter saws, and went around the corner and there was one DW 735 right there on the floor for $279. I wouldn't leave it, so I had an employee go find a cart and load it up for check out.

Comment

I went back today and there gone now. Oh well

Comment

Thanks to the heads up here I was watching the local stores and watched them fall from $250 then I got one yesterday for $107.

You can get them new on ebay for $198 shipped but not sure if the warranty would be good.

Comment

+1 on cato's comments. never trust the inventory system or a phone lookup. they are usually inaccurate. going to stores and doing your own search yields far better results.
                  there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aero View Post
                    Thanks to the heads up here I was watching the local stores and watched them fall from $250 then I got one yesterday for $107.

You can get them new on ebay for $198 shipped but not sure if the warranty would be good.
                    Nice!

They had actually hit 107 in Williamsburg VA a very long time ago but that store didnt have anymore and the stores local to it wouldnt price match.

Comment

Does anyone know if any are still left in North Carolina ?

Comment

On another forum I am on members in Carolina have been scoring them for the past week for $107. Unbelievable, and if I hadn't gotten mine a few months back I would have jumped on it.

Last report I heard that several stores had a couple left in stock. I think Hickory, NC comes to mind, would have to go back to NC woodworker forum and see.

Comment

I was just at HD this morning and they had it at $329.00 here in Sandy Utah...

Comment

I finally scored a deal on one of these Ridgid jointers from Craigslist.

It turns out that this guy bought a display model from a local HD about a year ago, and it has been sitting in his garage unused ever since. It has never been used, as was pretty evident when I went to check it out. The tables are scratched up and have some minor rust, the shaft for the pull-out knob for allowing a depth greater than 1/8" was broken (both of which are not a big deal to take care of), and the manual was missing, but it otherwise appeared to be in as-new condition (the blades were still sharp and shiny).

He originally listed it for $250, which was more than I was willing to spend, but thinking that he might haggle, I figured it was worth at least going to look at it. As we talked and I mentioned that they had been on clearance earlier this year for $199, he quickly dropped to $200. Then as I noted the scratches, rust, and broken knob, he said to make an offer. I pulled the "I'll have to go home and think about it" line, and he said he'd be willing to take $150. At that point, I knew I couldn't leave it there, I offerred $140, and he took it and we loaded it up into my truck, and the rest is history.

This one's in the running for the best deal I've ever gotten off Craigslist. The other deal in the running for my best Craigslist transaction was a brand new Porter Cable 892 router that had been purchased by a guy about 3 years ago and had never been used (it was still in the original case and the collet hadn't even ever been installed). I scored that for only $100.

Anybody know offhand what the difference is between the JP06100 and the JP06101? ridgidparts.com only lists the JP06100, and I want to be sure that any replacement parts I order are the same for the JP06101.

- Jay

Comment

Can someone please post the SKU#

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                                Can someone please post the SKU#
                                Per post #43 of this thread, the Home Depot SKU is 428-428.

Comment

Working...
                                X