X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid jointer for $199?

I have read in one of the threads of the jointers on sale for $ 199. I have had no luck in my area VT so any help would be great.

Re: Ridgid jointer for $199?

So far its only a region on the west coast (CA/AZ/NV/NM)

Hopefully its coming to the east coast soon. All my stores say its a clearance item, but its still selling for full price (and not even a yellow sticker with full price, just the same sticker its had since they got them in stock)

Im hoping it will happen soon........they havent sold one of these things in ages around here. Youd figure HD would want to toss them as fast as they tossed the granite topped saws.

Comment

Just bought one last night. Some Dallas, TX area stores have/had them on clearance for $213.01. The stores that had that price are all sold out. Another store less than 15 miles away had 3 for regular price. Explained they were in a separate region. Long story but the manager at the Abrams/Skillman store gave me a $100 off for my trouble so got it for $329.

Comment

Sigh, if only the Ridgid jointer hadn't disappeared in Canada. Last time they went on sale here, they all disappeared. I'd recommend grabbing one while you still can. I know I wish I had.

Comment

Ill be watching like a hawk. I paid full price for one in Northern Virginia on December 20. I was able to talk the manager into a 10 percent discount and was able to use the friends and family Ridgid promotion, but would very much like the $199 price instead! My store is very joe consumer, not many woodworkers walking in there, so the jointers they had in stock hadn't come off the shelf in some time. They still have three sitting there gathering dust.

Comment

I wish they'd the clearance nationwide. I keep checking at my local HD and so far they aren't budging on the price.

CWS

Comment

FWIW, the home depot in new rochelle, ny has a ridgid jp6201 marked down from $429 to $299.
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I just picked one up this week in south Jersey for $301 marked down.

Comment

I wonder why I still shop at HD. Called up again im my area and no one has even a remote clue of what they are even doing , I had a gut trying to price me on a hand planer lol

Comment

I am watching locally at my home depot stores in the area, but in case I miss it, make sure you post up if anyone sees this go on sale in the Georgia/Alabama area please. Thx!!

Comment

check over on saw mill creek....someone in GA got an HD store to price match the 199.

Im still waiting for someone in CT to get it so I can match them

Comment

Originally posted by smac92201 View Post
                        I wonder why I still shop at HD. Called up again im my area and no one has even a remote clue of what they are even doing , I had a gut trying to price me on a hand planer lol
                        Give them the SKU, 428428

Comment

Hi Thrash,

Here in Alberta, the HD's have zero stock. The list price is $329. No lower prices. Getting one shipped across border will cost another $180.
                          Meanwhile, Busy Bee has their version of the 0610 at $549, in stock.
                          It seems the only way I can get my hands on a Ridgid 0610 is through a CL or kijiji private sale. However, purchased privately from the used market removes the chance of new warranty registration.
                          I could be looking for a long time and already I am not enjoying the frustration! Who knew?

edmontonian

Comment

I picked one up this past spring for 319.00, my local home depot stopped carrying them. My local depot stoped carrying just about everything. They have been clearancing everything out of the store, there is no selection left. You want a miter saw, you choose between a 10 or 12 inch ridgid. And we have 2 home depots in my city, wish they would merge and keep one decent store and not two stores that don't have any choice. Just missed out on the milwaukee 12" slidding miter saw with digital angle readout for 299.00. Less than half it's sticker price. Have read about them clearancing generators for half price. Got an email from them for the dewalt 6 peice 18V cordless kit for 299.00 but they were sold out. I don't like going to the store and only being able to choose from ridgid tools, I have a bunch of ridgid and like the ones I have but I still like to be able to compare different ones in one store. I usually order my tools online now and have to trust others advice and reviews on them since some tools are hard to find around here. I try not to shop at home depot anymore, they have chose to get rid of all selection and most of what they have chose to keep is pretty low quality. I understand that people are spending less on tools but I usually will pay for a quality tool and like to be able to chose what I think is the best tool when I make a purchase, not have a store decide for me by only carrying one or two brands. I have chose to do most of my shopping at my local menards, they have better quality/selection for electrical and plumbing and lumber and just about everything. They don't have a great selection of tools so most of my tools get ordered online which so far I have had good luck with. I think home depot will continue to closeout a lot of their inventory till the shelfs are bare and they will be just like the little hardware stores, what they have is what they have. Ten years ago they had 4 times the brands and selection of tools than today.

Comment

makes me wonder if a lot of the HDs are going this way, with the recent clearances (DeWalt 6 pc kit for 299, 4 pc kit for 199, Milwaukee miter saw for 299, etc)

The "kit" portion of the tool area looks like a barren wasteland, they are pulling stuff out of overhead just to fill in the large gaps.

20 bux says they go to a "you want tools? we'll special order em and deliver right to your house" model. Maybe they'll keep Ridgid and Ryobi because those are "Home Depot" brands.

Comment

Working...
                              X