X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 tips when pulled towards me

I just purchased a 4511 (great deal $299) and finished assembly using the great tips here. When pulling the table towards me I notice it feels like it's going to tip over. Anyone else experience this? What could be wrong if not?
    "Don't baffle me with B.S., Dazzle me with Brilliance"

Re: R4511 tips when pulled towards me

No, I have A 4511 myself and I do not have this issue.
    Certainly the machine is top heavy but quite stable.
    If I have an issue is that it seems that the lift does not lift the machine quite high enough from the ground.
    Bert

Comment

read a post here somewhere about putting the levelers all the way up, may have fixed the issue your having, may have caused mine! lol

Comment

Mine was unstable until I read one of the posts here. You have to screw the feet all the way in and loosen the nylon threaded nuts holding the wheel set to the four corners all the way out to the very last thread. After I did this my saw glides smoothly on the casters and is rock solid when lowered.
        Rocky
        AndersonsWoodworks.com

Comment

Personally I am not too crazy about the Herculift system.
          I would have preferred to have some kind of hinges or something similar instead of leaving the bolts "loose".
          Of course that would have been slightly more expensive.
          I am a mechanical engineer and I do not like the idea to have bolts not fully tighten!
          May I shall have to modify later on.
          Bert

Comment

Bert, I thought it was a little weird too. But it is not an issue for me since I may move my saw a couple times a year. When it moves, it moves smoothly. My old saw was mounted on a cabinet base I built with casters underneath. It sat so long in one position that the casters flat spotted and it was hard to move when I wanted to. At least with the 4511 this won't happen.
            Rocky
            AndersonsWoodworks.com

Comment

I think if you study the Herculift you will find that it is an ingenious design at a very effective cost, while at the same time allowing a wide range of adjustability.

Hinges would not allow for that adjustment. And would not make it any stronger in the plane in which weight is supported.
              Last edited by tomapple; 01-16-2010, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaleighspapa View Post
                When pulling the table towards me I notice it feels like it's going to tip over.
                Are all four casters lifting the saw up evenly? it seems to me that maybe the two rear casters are lifting higher than the two in front.

Comment

I have similar issue not the machine wants to tip but it seems that I cannot lift it high enough for the feet to not drag when I move it.
                  The cap screws a loose almost all the way.
                  I have to move mine every time I use it.
                  Bert

Comment

Originally posted by b2rtch View Post
                    I have similar issue not the machine wants to tip but it seems that I cannot lift it high enough for the feet to not drag when I move it.
                    The cap screws a loose almost all the way.
                    I have to move mine every time I use it.
                    Bert
                    I could swear I heard of someone having a similar issue and it was because the front and rear portions were reversed in relation to which one should be on top of the other.

Comment

All the comments were useful. I'm going to go back over the installation and double check every thing once again. It is just when I pull the saw straight towards me, no other direction seems to have this issue.

Comment

I mounted 'back to front" to start with and it is just impossible to install them like that.
                        My floor is not very level and this my main issue.
                        Bert

Comment

Working...
                        X