X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid 4330 planer

Hi looking at buying a 4330 planer heard good and bad things about this tool anyone have any input.thanks

Re: ridgid 4330 planer

I've had one since last spring, and it's worked well.

Comment

It always gets very good or excellent review ( it is reviewed in wood magazine this month)
      I have one I really like it but you have to understand the limitations. This is not a big powerful planer (as one I have in France with a 3HP motor on it), this is a so-called portable planer which means that the capacity is limited.
      I think that better name for it would be a finishing planer. If you have very trough stock with a lot of wood to remove, this is no the machine for the job. If you are almost there and you want a nice final finish, than this the machine you want.
      There is another link on this forum about this planner.
      I hope this help.
      Bert

Comment

Iv'e had this model for a while now and it does a nice job. When properly set-up to support the boards both infeed and outfeed it produces very little snipe. The only thing I have found is that dust and chip removal when hooked up directly to a shop vac is very marginal. It just overwelms the 2-1/2" hose. You really need a dust collector with a 4" hose to effectively remove the massive amount of wood chips it creates.

millman

Comment

Thanks for the info i think i will buy one

Comment

It is a great little planer. I like the depth stop gauge on the side for repeat stops at certain thickness. It work well. You should have a 4" dust collector to use with any planer. You will be happy with it.

Red
            Red

Comment

Working...
            X