X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miter slot to blade alignment

Well, I can't get my miter slots aligned with the saw blade. Closest I can get it .004 thou. My 45deg. difference is about .008thou. I'm at the limit of my saws cabinet holes and they won't go any farther in the direction I need it to. I've searched the forum for answers and found a few with this problem but no easy solutions. Anyone have anything other than removing the top and enlarging the holes? These cabinet holes have a large bushing type insert around them and enlarging them would be no easy task. I wonder if the trunions have enough slop in them to give me enough clearance? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not going to try and exchange the saw. Thanks in advance. Don Jr.

Re: Miter slot to blade alignment

well. I enlarged the holes... I just put a board between the cabinet and the top and inserted a drill bit into the hole and increased the hole size. Cut very easily... I would have preferred not to do so, but couldn't get it any closer than you did... so if you don't get any other solutions, it can be done a it's not too tough. Good luck!

Comment

If you are out of travel in your attempt for alignment, I would loosen and move the trunnion versus drilling out the holes.

Comment

I'm pulling it apart today, and will explore my options. Thanks for the input on the solutions. Don Jr.

Comment

I had similar issue and moved trunnion (almost a disaster with the motor falling out) and lined up the 90 test without the table top on.

Put on table, nailed down the90. Then worked with shims to nail down the 45.

Note my 90 lock screw was interfering with the table moving to the left. So you might want to undo the lock and see if the table moves more.

Comment

Working...
          X