X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought last 4511 in my area!!!!

Thanks folks for your comments n this web site for convincing me the 4511 is the way to go. Gosh for the $299 I can use this thing for several years n still get money back! Im a happy camper right now. Just getting into woodworking for a hobby.Be cutting lots of rough cedar any ideas on
    blades n such that I need to add? Have saw shipping to my local hd from another store fri,hope to have her up n runin over weekend. Got a bobcat so unloading wont be a problem.

Re: Just bought last 4511 in my area!!!!

Same here. I bought the last one in the Houston area on Monday. I am quickly becoming a fan of Ridgid tools. i bought my first one (Router combo) last November, the jig saw last week and now the table saw.
    I was wondering the same thing about blades --- how do current owners feel about the blade that is included with the saw.

Horst

Comment

Im looking now for a band saw. Dont know where to begin or what to look for. I want enough power for cuting 1" material. Got any ideas?

Comment

The factory blade is IMO only good for rough cutting. I have the Freud Fusion blade and love it. I did see a Woodworker II at a local woodworking show and wish I had gotten that.
        Charles

Comment

I had to drive from Orlando to Daytona to get mine ($299). The fork lift operator was very good... package was in perfect shape - no issues so far.

I am almost done with assembly... will finish up tomorrow night.

Comment

duke58...the one band saw you should probably not buy is the current ridgid. although i bleed orange and have a fair collection of ridgid stationary and portable tools, the bs1400 appears to be the weak link in the tool line up. if you want to get started right, contact lou iturra @ iturra design. there aren't many people who know more about bandsaws than lou. he doesn't have a website but can be reached at:

http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_l6b7r

he has, among his products, tool books and several books on band saws. i got mark duginske's older book from him and it's ok, but i don't care for duginske's style of writing. maybe the one by lonnie bird would be better. once you make a purchase from lou, you get one of his catalogs, which is almost a reference book on all things band saw related. lou is very knowledgeable on delta, jet and powermatic BSs and the catalog has a lengthy article on successfully buying a pre-owned band saw, as well as an article on tuning up a band saw. in short, do a little research and iturra is a solid place to start. good luck.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

@ 299.00 the TS4511 is undeniably a great deal, but I have mixed feelings about the granite countertop. I love the solid look and feel of my TS3650 cast iron top. I know that if I accidentally were to drop a hammer on its edge, nothing would happen, no dent, or chipped edge, but I'm afraid the same cannot be said about granite. Are my concerns unfounded?

So, being that the 4511 is a couple of generations newer than my 3650, it must have a few if not many upgraded components and refinements. Does the sum of these upgrades and refinements make this ts a compelling buy at the current price?

I would appreciate your thoughts as I am very close to making a decision on buying one and join the hunt to find one before they all gone.
              Last edited by Hawk; 01-22-2010, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Re: Bandsaws: Check the Deals and Discounts section of Sawmillcreek.org for a thread about getting the Delta 14" bandsaw from Lowes for $150.00. I bought one, then bought another for my dad for his birthday It's a deal on par with the 4511.

It's this bandsaw: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=18227

Rockler is trying to get $550 for it

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                  @ 299.00 the TS4511 is undeniably a great deal, but I have mixed feelings about the granite countertop. I love the solid look and feel of my TS3650 cast iron top. I know that if I accidentally were to drop a hammer on its edge, nothing would happen, no dent, or chipped edge, but I'm afraid the same cannot be said about granite. Are my concerns unfounded?

So, being that the 4511 is a couple of generations newer than my 3650, it must have a few if not many upgraded components and refinements. Does the sum of these upgrades and refinements make this ts a compelling buy at the current price?

I would appreciate your thoughts as I am very close to making a decision on buying one and join the hunt to find one before they all gone.
                  I'm putting one together now that I recently bought, and my dad already has is running. It's a great saw, and 299 is way hard to pass up.

Think of it this way: If you don't like it, you can recoup every penny by selling it either on craigslist or a woodworking forum. Or you can just return it to Home Depot.

Comment

Originally posted by duke58 View Post
                    Thanks folks for your comments n this web site for convincing me the 4511 is the way to go. Gosh for the $299 I can use this thing for several years n still get money back! Im a happy camper right now. Just getting into woodworking for a hobby.Be cutting lots of rough cedar any ideas on
                    blades n such that I need to add? Have saw shipping to my local hd from another store fri,hope to have her up n runin over weekend. Got a bobcat so unloading wont be a problem.
                    I saw you're from western IL. I hope you didn't but the last saw from the Peru, IL store. It was a display model that has been hit by a forklift.

I went to the store 3 times to look at it. I couldn't pull the trigger on the purchase though. It will need to be disassembled and put back together. Without taking it apart on the store floor it was impossible to see what all the damage could be. I couldn't convince myself it would be worth the time and hassle to straighten everything out. Good luck if this is the saw you have purchased.

Comment

I just bought this saw today for $240, which to me is pretty unbelievable. I just hope it is in good shape when I receive it (at least the box is in good condition). I'm really glad this forum exists, with members who are so willing to share their experiences, advice and even photos - it has been invaluable to me already!

Comment

Working...
                      X