X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Shipping Damage

Got second last one in the store 3 days ago, Box had some damage, but nothing wrong until all packing/boxes removed, and can see where forklift bent cabinet into the side near front corner. Structurally, now the stand will not mount without some work.

SEE PICS below .......

I am going in to talk to HD, but question is, if it comes down to it, would you be comfortable "pounding it out with small sledge, or would you insist on replacement. I am confident I could pound it out from bottom and inside cab, maybe lose some orange paint in process. Reason I am asking is I am sure there are no more 4511's locally.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: R4511 Shipping Damage

I am a mechanic by trade.
    I would have no problem pounding it back in shape.
    It will not affect anything.
    Bert

Comment

I have no problems with a little 'persuasion,' but would Ridgid later claim that it was a sign you abused the saw and deny the warranty?

Comment

Originally posted by b2rtch View Post
        I am a mechanic by trade.
        I would have no problem pounding it back in shape.
        It will not affect anything.
        Bert
        Well, if Bert hadn't said it won't hurt anything I'd have said I would worry about it ever fitting together right and leveling up properly.

But he knows what he's talking about for sure and I'm just a worrier, so there you go!

Comment

I'd use a wood block and a hammer to get it to line up. This should get it straight enough to attach the legs. I bet you'd get to keep most of the paint. Anything more than that is probably not worth the effort.

Every time you look at the dent, remind yourself what a great deal you got on the saw.

Comment

Working...
          X