X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with Northern Tools 10" sliding miter saw

Last year I bought this saw from Northern Tools.
    I used it "intensively" (read I abused it) to remodel my house.
    I used it to cut lumber with and without nails in, copper pipes, ABS pipes , PVC pipes and many other things I cannot confess in public.
    This saw was great for me and for what I used it for.
    Most of the blade carbide tips being gone I decide that it was time to replace it.
    In spite of the fact that I am a mechanic by trade I could never figure out how to remove the blade protector to replace the blade (the so-called manual is totally absolutely useless), so I decided too take whole thing out. After I replaced the blade I could not figure out how to reinstall the blade protector and I toss it away for the moment deciding to play whit it again later.
    I called Northern tools for help, they were as useless for help as the manual is.
    I have been using this saw without blade protector since.
    Since I was born I always was prone to accident of all kind and to see this blade spinning with out the protector now scares me (I am getting old).
    I have a choice: with your help I can try to reinstall this protector or I just throw that whole thing and go buy the very same model ( but different protector ) from HF for $79.99 on sale.
    Has anyone the same saw from Northern tools and knows how to reinstall this protector?
    Thanks .
    Bert

Re: Help needed with Northern Tools 10" sliding miter saw

Originally posted by b2rtch View Post
    I used it to cut lumber with and without nails in, copper pipes, ABS pipes , PVC pipes and many other things I cannot confess in public.

Bert

Sorry I can't help you re-attach the blade guard, but may I make a suggestion...

You might want to look into owning one of these

Blade guard not needed on these, blades cost a dime a dozen.

Comment

Re: Help needed with Northern Tools 10" sliding miter saw

I have one them also.
      I do not quite understand what you try to say.
      Many time it is easier and safer to use a miter saw to cut pipe that one of this.
      Bert

Comment

Working...
      X