Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

R4511 Warranty Registration: how much of the UPC required?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Warranty Registration: how much of the UPC required?

So I got the recent $300 4511 deal. I was excited. Really excited. So excited that I cut up all the cardboard from the box and chucked it in the recycling!

I was quite upset--one reason I got the saw was because of the killer warranty. And then, I find one scrap--I have approximately the bottom quarter of the UPC barcode. Is this enough? And if not, is there additional information I can send in to help my case?

Maybe I can show them the 5 cut up pieces of cardboard from the box that I fished out of the recycling, plus the instantly recognizable steel crate?

Re: R4511 Warranty Registration: how much of the UPC required?

Originally posted by Praxis View Post
    So I got the recent $300 4511 deal. I was excited. Really excited. So excited that I cut up all the cardboard from the box and chucked it in the recycling!

I was quite upset--one reason I got the saw was because of the killer warranty. And then, I find one scrap--I have approximately the bottom quarter of the UPC barcode. Is this enough? And if not, is there additional information I can send in to help my case?

Maybe I can show them the 5 cut up pieces of cardboard from the box that I fished out of the recycling, plus the instantly recognizable steel crate?
    According to the Ridgid tech support folks they ask for it but realize that everyone does just what you did so they don't really require it. The copy of the sales receipt is good enough they say.

Comment

When you send in your registration stuff include a detailed cover letter. In the letter, tell them why your UPC is missing and any other pertinent info you feel will help the process go smoothly, i.e. tool serial number, Ridgid assigned registration number, model number, etc. Wow them with details. Oh, and make sure you keep a copy of everything you send them.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

That or just use their tech support system on their site like I did, explain that you stupidly trashed the UPC - like I did, and they will say to go ahead and send it in, referencing their followup reply to your query.

Comment

Working...
        X