X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will Ridgid

Will Ridgid srill take our woodworking tool idaes?
    Andy B.

Good question...I've not seen anyone who works for Ridgid post in this forum since shortly after Jake's departure. My guess is that the silence from anyone at Ridgid might not be a good sign.
    Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

If RIDGID intends to just market the RIDGID® then I doubt if they would spend any time or money on R&D. Whomever they allow to use the RIDGID® may develop new tools but most probably would not be allowed to call them RIDGID until RIDGID gives their approval to do so. Then again, this and everything else that has appeared on this forum since they made their announcement is pure speculation.

Everyone have a nice long Memorial Day weekend. IF YOU KNOW ONE, THANK A VET
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

You hit that one on the head Dave. Too bad no one can enlighten the loyal (in my case, maybe not so loyal) current customers of Ridgid on anything posted in the last few months concerning HD or Ryobi's takeover of manufacturing.

Like the MS 1290, which still has not hit our market. What a failed bit it has been for them to tease the saw in December for a January release, then here it is almost June and no saw in the 7th largest city in the nation.

Sad state of affairs for Ridgid.

My guess is that we'll have to move over to the "new" Ridgid board soon...you know, the one with all the BT fanatics on it....maybe they'll give the Ridgid crew their own section.
        Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

I just thought I would let you know the MS1290 has finally arrived in Tampa.
          It is sweet!!!! But pricey!!!

All the adjustments are right at hand and everything is coated with that soft touch feel. The mitre detent can be over ridden so you can get close to a common degree (like 45) without falling into the detent. The only thing I didn't like was the transportation saw lock. It is combined with depth stop and it seemed a little hookey but it did work okay.

The ad sticker mentioned the depth lock was available to do "Dados". Does this mean a dado blade can be installed on the saw?
          Rev Ed

Comment

No...the dado function is one where you move the workpiece to get the extra cut width...I do them all the time on my Makita...mostly to notch out deck boards for going around pipes and wires coming up the outside walls of houses.

Comment

Like the MS 1290, which still has not hit our market. What a failed bit it has been for them to tease the saw in December for a January release, then here it is almost June and no saw in the 7th largest city in the nation.
              Man, that's odd. I've seen them in a couple of stores in the Austin area, and the first one I saw was at least two months ago. It's a nice looking saw. You would think that Dallas would have them if Austin does.

Comment

Working...
              X