X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Top musing

Just bought a R4511, have to go pick it up today. When I went down to HD after I paid for it, I opened up the box and the top was broken, they said they're supposed to have another one in stock but they had to 'find' it.

Called later in the day and I'm going to pick it up today. We shall see...

Lots of assembly info here got to do some reading!

I've seen several of these broken at the 4 HD's near me, just wondering if you bought a broken one if Ridgid would ship you a new top?

Shipping would be impossible I guess.

Re: R4511 Top musing

Per the warranty and LLSA Ridgid would have to. Shipping would be expensive, but not impossible.

Comment

Not to say that they would not-they seem to have been extremely eager to please in my experience anyway, but I don't see this being a warranty issue at all. It would have either been shipping related or caused by mishandling at THD, different thing from a warrantable defect. Now if in a year it developed a stress crack due to no fault of your making, then that would be a warranty issue.

Having said that, as I noted, they're very eager to do what they can to accommodate right now. I had a bad piece of granite with a chip in one edge with no corresponding ding in the box, indicating that it had been packed up with the chip. Additionally, there was a big gloober of black epoxy on the top where someone had done an ugly repair. They agreed to send a replacement out right away.

I get the impression they just want to put this whole episode behind them. It must have been an overall loosing proposition for Ridgid and THD both.

Comment

Originally posted by postjob62 View Post
        I get the impression they just want to put this whole episode behind them. It must have been an overall loosing proposition for Ridgid and THD both.
        Reputation wise Ridgid/TTI has probably suffered quite a bit but money wise maybe not. Can't say for sure how true this is so maybe I'm just passing along nothing but a rumor but I've seen several reports that TTI contracted out the production of the 4511 to Steel City. If that is true then possibly Steel City will have to absorb some of the costs of all these bad tables. Then again, maybe not.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I've read of at least one other who was shipped a new top...they'll do it.

Comment

Well I went down there yesterday and got the saw, they had one that had never been opened that was in perfect shape.

I took it all apart in the loading bay and put it in my truck piece by piece and was able to unload it by myself.

Looks good, think it's going to be great!

I don't know what they're going to do with the broken top saws, discount them some more may be. They should get new tops for them because they probably broke them moving them around but I don't know. The broken one may have been a return or demo or something.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
              Reputation wise Ridgid/TTI has probably suffered quite a bit but money wise maybe not. Can't say for sure how true this is so maybe I'm just passing along nothing but a rumor but I've seen several reports that TTI contracted out the production of the 4511 to Steel City. If that is true then possibly Steel City will have to absorb some of the costs of all these bad tables. Then again, maybe not.
              Is there any news of a replacement to the 4511? I bought one at the clearance price, but it was the last one in town, and was all busted up (cabinet, trunnion, and top were all damaged, trunnion snapped in half, and top had a full 1/4 broken out). My options were to return it or take it to a service center 2.5 hours away, with no weekend hours. So I returned it and put my money back into my "dream saw" jar. Of course, after I had taken it back, someone suggested I could have gotten Home Depot to handle the repair for me, but they never suggested it and I didn't think to ask.

I'm hoping they can just manufacture a cast iron top and swap it out for the granite.

Comment

Working...
              X