Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L Turner, the router table is made by Bench Dog Tools and the miter gauge is an Incra Miter1000se. Both of these items were purchased at my local Woodcraft store and I highly recommend them both. There is more on the router table in this thread.

Comment

looks great
      great job
      I will do the same to my saw
      thanks for your hard work
      ________
      Suzuki RG500
      Last edited by RODDY; 01-22-2011, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Hello HotDiggity,

It Looks great and thanks for sharing. I also have noticed the movement in my saw and now I know why. I will also make an addition to my saw. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Regards
        Randy

Suggest A Fix PC Support Forums, Wilders Security Forums, Free on line virus Scan, The Parasite Fight
        ASAP Proud member since 2004 ~ Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals
        Outpost Firewall User's Support Forum

WinMe, OutPost FireWall Pro V2.5 Beta, FireFox 1.0PR, SpyBlocker 8.5/SpywareStopper 7.0, Nod32 AV, Trojan Hunter and alot of other goodies.

Comment

HotDiggity,

Thanks for the info and the pics! And thanks for allowing me to find yet another way to spend some $$$! just picked up the 1000se and the ProMax

/ken

Comment

Hello HotDiggity,

I was finally able to take some time yesterday and make supports across the sides for my table. I only connected mine across the top and I have very little movement in my table now or none at all. Mine does not look as good as yours but it works.

Thanks for the pic of your design. It gave me ideals in designing mine.

Too bad Ridgid did not fix this problem with wobbily legs before sending out these great saws.
            Regards
            Randy

Suggest A Fix PC Support Forums, Wilders Security Forums, Free on line virus Scan, The Parasite Fight

WinMe, OutPost FireWall Pro V2.5 Beta, FireFox 1.0PR, SpyBlocker 8.5/SpywareStopper 7.0, Nod32 AV, Trojan Hunter and alot of other goodies.

Comment

I have been shopping for a 10" Table saw and following a recent visit to Home Depot for a physical review of the Ridgid T3650 I noticed the woble of the base. I raised the matter with the sales person and was informed that it was a display model with a lot of use due to the man handling by porspective buyers (what????). After the visit to HD I emmidiatly logged into the Ridgid Web site and to my surprise U all confirmed my suspicious that there is a problem with the base. Surely it is a negative review for the tool which will affect sales and in my case I have eliminated Ridgid due to instability of the base, after all why should I buy a new tool and emmidiatly have to fix a known problem.

IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO KNOW WHAT THE DESIGN TEAM AT RIDGID IS DOING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM.IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THERE IS A DESIGN ISSUE AND AFTER ALL THE COST TO ADD TWO METAL PLATES TO THE SIDES OF THE BASE SIMILAR TO THE ONES IN THE FRONT IS MARGINAL COMPARED WITH THE POTENTIAL NEGATIVE REVIEW OF THE TOOL NAD LOSS OF SALES.
              IN ADDITION A RETROFIT KIT SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TO ALL U PEOPLE THAT CURRENTLY OWN THE T3650 TO ENABLE THE PROBLEM TO BE RESOLVED ON THE FIELD AT A NOMINAL COST. SURELY SOME METAL PLATES OF THE SAME COLOR WILL LOOK MUCH NICER THAT DIY BOARDS OF MDF.

ANY COMMENTS RIDGID?

I AM A PRODUCT MANAGER AND OCCASIONALY FACE SIMILAR SITUATIONS, AND IN THE COMPETITIVE WORLD WE LIVE WITH A MULITUDE OF BRANDS COMPETING FOR THE SAME MARKET, RIDGID NEEDS TO REACT QUICKER TO THIS TYPE OF PROBLEMS.

By the way I am a proud owner of a substancial number of Ridgid professional woodworking tools and very happy with them.

Comment

Hello PMOW,

I would not let the Wobble deter you from buying a great saw. I fixed mine with adding an extra support braces which stopped all movement.

Now after ordering and installing my Zero Clearance Insert it made this saw even better. Just my 2 cents worth.
                Regards
                Randy

Comment

Re: TS 3650: Base wobble ELIMINATED!

Originally posted by shew View Post
                  Nice job!
                  Did your machinist friend make that router table for you? I've never seen one like that before.
                  Did you put it right into the cast iron extension wing?
                  There are a few manufacturers that make cast iron router table extensions for the table saw.

I do have a question though, could you put a heavy cast iron router table extension on the right side? I don't mean to replace the existing cast iron extension, I mean to add to it. It would be a lot of weight, but could you do it? Would you need some sort of support system?

Comment

Re: TS 3650: Base wobble ELIMINATED!

Originally posted by cormier33 View Post
                    There are a few manufacturers that make cast iron router table extensions for the table saw.

I do have a question though, could you put a heavy cast iron router table extension on the right side? I don't mean to replace the existing cast iron extension, I mean to add to it. It would be a lot of weight, but could you do it? Would you need some sort of support system?
                    This question has been asked many times here and there are varying answers. Some believe in braces run back to the saw legs and other favor legs which run straight down to the floor. Still others don't feel the need for any legs. If you do some searching you should turn up at least 5 threads here on this subject.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X